From North Carolina to New England: My Motorcycle Trip

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Love it!
A GoldWing in front of a Harley plaque.
Well played.
That pic happened about 9 am. Pulled into the park and got the bike situated in front of the marker. Gentleman pulled in pretty much right behind me, got out of his pickup and asked if I would like to have him take the picture so I could be in it. What a kind gesture.
Additionally the little gift shop was open, sort of. You could go inside but everything was under lock and key. Sign on the counter said if you want to buy something call this number and if that didn't work there were two more numbers to call if that one did not answer.
Lady answered the phone on the first number, told her I would like to buy a t shirt. Give me 15 minutes. Ten minutes later she and her husband showed up, got the shirt, filled out the visitor book. She then told me about the Mile Marker one just up the road at Ft Kent. Had no idea about that.
About two weeks after I got home I received a certificate from the park stating I had been there on such and such date. Nice gesture.
So if you are ever up in that area highly suggest visiting the park. If so inclined you can throw a rock into Canada.
Props to the Harley dealer for supplying the park marker. It is very nice and pretty sure expensive.

Bike
R1200rt
If you get up into Maine be sure to go to Madawaska and their motorcycle park. They will even send you a certificate saying you were there. The most northeast city in the US. Considered one of the four corners. Then head up to Fort Kent for Mile Marker One. Beautiful country!
IMG_6008.jpg
Is that a grave marker? :rofl1:

Top Bottom