Front modulator crank angle sensor.

mcpanman

Cooperman
Bike
ST1100 ABS/TCS
Hi All, New to this forum so I guess this may be a common question. Where the hell due I get hold of a front modulator crank angle sensor from. I am based in the UK and so far can only find the whole front modulators on ebay at high costs. Bike is ST1100AS 1995 model. Fault on ABS/TCS is code 1 front modulator and 20A fuse blows every time the bike starts.

Honda doesn't offer anything smaller than the entire modulator as a part.

The 20A fuse is for the motor. If that's blowing, the modulator or its wiring has other problems, probably a short. The CAS fault is just a symptom because the ABS computer assumes the motor works and sees that the crank isn't moving.

--Mark

I picked a couple on eBay cheap. couldn't hurt to look there. They are all the same as I recall based on number of teeth.

Crap, sorry, I was thinking of the wrong part.

With a gifted, patient mech at hand are there *some* chances of reviving a modulator by taking it apart, soaking it in rust remover and giving it a few cycles in an ultrasonic cleaner...

Hi All, New to this forum so I guess this may be a common question. Where the hell due I get hold of a front modulator crank angle sensor from. I am based in the UK and so far can only find the whole front modulators on ebay at high costs. Bike is ST1100AS 1995 model. Fault on ABS/TCS is code 1 front modulator and 20A fuse blows every time the bike starts.
I had fuse problem, turned out to be stuck plunger in the modulator, baught a used modulator ,that was the fix

Top Bottom