Fuel Injection lite, FI code 25 blinks, Dealer cannot find/Fix

Bike
st1300/2006
Fuel Injection lite, FI code 25 blinks, Dealer cannot find/Fix
St1300 06, left knock sensor changed, (new).
125,000 mi
Dealer made many OHM measurements, all OK
Fault does not appear to affect ST1300 operation

Last edited:

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Of the recent posts regarding FI code 25 or 26 it seems like the fix ends up being a replacement ECU. Here is one example you can read through to get information about tests and possible causes to look at before the ECU.
FI code 26

OP
OP
Bike
st1300/2006
Well this should be interesting. So have you reset the codes and then does it throw it again?
repeated many times... same result...25 blinks (turned off ignition to reset codes)
Thankyou for your reply

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Turning off the ignition will not clear the fault codes from the ECU. You are reading the same codes that are still in memory. You must clear the codes manually. If the FI light comes again after clearing the codes you need to check to see what codes are present and if they are the same codes as you had before.
For the procedure to clear the codes have a look at this- ECM Check and Reset Quick Guide.

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
Check the continuity of the wiring between the knock sensor and the ECM. If the wiring is bad, find the short, if the wiring is good, you need a new ECM. Several threads about this problem. Check both sides. Sometimes the bike gets left and right confused. Knock sensors don't go bad.

I had a FI 26 error code on my 03 ST1300 and it turned out to be ECM. I tried cleaning the 5 way connector under the tank, traced the wiring out from the knock sensors to the ECM, swapped the knock sensors with each other and still got the error code. After replacing the ECM, the problem went away. The bike will still run with the code, however the ECM will retard the spark timing when the error is present, which causes gas mileage to suffer and you can actually feel the bike slow a bit when the code appears. Check all the other stuff before you purchase a replacement ECM as they are not cheap,

who or how many found bad wiring or sensor
replaced my ecm with used
fine for 1500 miles then throws light
think if wiring would do it right away

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
Early on, it was probably about 70/30 that it was wiring, but as these bikes have aged, it's probably now about 70/30 ECM. These of course are total guesstiments. I replaced my ECM with one from a totaled bike. By doing that, you're taking the chance that the totaled bike didn't also have that problem. I thought it was worth the chance for the price difference.

Bike
2005 ST1300A
No. You have to do that manually with a jumper wire (paper clip) at the two pin service connector in rear of bike.

Top Bottom