G2 Throttle Tamer fitment to ST & FJR

Hello, Saw Forums posts on here re the G2 FJR is definitely a bike being a 2006 that needs this upgrade but them I thought my ST 2002 with under 15000 miles may benefit from same as it may help smooth out the odd transmission lash during low speed manoeuvres.I am not a MotoGP or MX star but I am a smooth rider. With up to standard throttle control skill and me thinks this will help on both bikes. Only dread not trashing the heat grip on the ST. A great forum BTW dedicated to one of the best bikes ever thank you and a big hello

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Welcome to the forum. I can’t speak to the FJR but the G2 isn’t really necessary on the ST1300. Relax the throttle hand and use the throttle for a hand rest rather than a hand grip. I’m not speaking in riddles, use a light effort of forefinger and thumb to control throttle inputs. Drop and relax the wrist. With the left hand feather the clutch to soften throttle inputs and drag a little rear brake at times to keep the drive line lash taken up. This latter is more like overlapping throttle and braking, lead with just barely cracked throttle during corner exits and lead with light rear brake at corner entry. Imagine the drive line like an elastic band. Keeping tension on it. it all sounds like too much at once….. a smooth rider is probably already doing some or all of this. Take on one thing at a time in a 15 to 30 minute practice session a few times a week.

Last edited:

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I enjoyed having the G2 on my ST1300, but you’ll definitely trash the heated grip, trying to take it off.

John

OP
OP
Both valid contributions thank you, I see a number of folks on here have managed to "save" the heated grips on install but it is a fiddly job. I agree with the techniques but some T junctions round here are tight and on adverse camber and juggling clutch, rear brake and throttle and with even light pillion on will be asking for trouble, what is required looks like the G2 could be the answer. I am a decent green laner of many years used to balancing throttle , clutch, brake in extreme conditions and use the same junctions on my other bikes one of which is a 2019 Crossrunner ( top bike BTW) with no issues

The G2 should improve this control cheers JS

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I also have the G2 on my bike and it's made a big improvement for me regarding small throttle opening control.

Top Bottom