Garmin GPSmap 60C

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I sold my GPS V unit which I had been using for about 2 years to a fellow rider at work and he hasn't indicated any problems with it so it's still a solid unit.

Pros:
-> Color, wow! I like!
-> The route calculations are very fast compared to the GPS V.
-> The unit feels like it's much tougher than the GPS V.
-> The antenna is solidly integrated in the unit, not removable.
-> The pages and sequence you scroll through when hitting the 'page' button are customizable, I really like that.
-> Very waterproof, I've ridden in 6 hours of rain from Jackson, MI to Dallas, TX.

Cons:
-> The 'knob' at the back that's used to attach the unit to a belt or mount broke the second I screwed the knob on. Not just the knob but the tension from turning the knob broke off part of the back case of the unit. I took it apart and the thickness of the plastic in that area is very thin so I used some JB Weld and rienforced it on my own. A replacement would have just done the same thing. I think my fix makes the unit bulletproof.
-> I was so used to my GPS V and using a horizontal display that it's taken some time to get used to a vertical display, I think this should have been an option however it would also mean the antenna would point horizontally instead of vertically. It's just an observation and if you were never used to the GPS V you probably won't even notice.
-> It's a good idea to put some dialectric grease no the connector which powers the unit off the bike's battery, it has shown some greenish build up from either rain or humidity and this pretty much applies to any accessories.

Price
$414 (at the time of this review)(Check GPS City for a good price)

Overall Level of Satisfaction:
High.

LDD

I've had a Garmin GPS60 C on my ST since 2004. I use the RAM mount without any trouble and as your eyes age you can adjust it farther away for better visibility.

randalicious

Seasoned M/C Rider
Bike
'07 ST1300
After buying a 2nd hand Mio Moov 200 from Craigslist and using it on a 200 mile bike trip, I decided I wanted one with more detailed trip info.

I bought a 2nd hand Garmin 60CSx from CL yesterday for < $100, but it has no accessories, docs, or software. I really like all the detailed info that it can provide.

I'm wondering if I can get a map update, etc. for my 60CSx, from a friend's 76CS disk? Any help/suggestions? At present, it shows me that I live in a vast, uncharted territory on the outskirts of Austin, TX (I don't really).

<update> Went to the Garmin site and tried to download a map update, but so far, have been unsuccessful. The page comes up with the Agree/Disagree button, but the 2nd part with the download doesn't fill in. I'll work on it some more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom