Getting ready to replace alternator, 1995 st1100

OK, im getting ready to replace my alternator in my 1995 st1100. I bought the needed parts from Honda per Mike Martins write up, I see maybe a few people on here have the needed swingarm tool loaner program, please im very new to the st1100 forum but If I could really use them.. thank you Scott

OK, im getting ready to replace my alternator in my 1995 st1100. I bought the needed parts from Honda per Mike Martins write up, I see maybe a few people on here have the needed swingarm tool loaner program, please im very new to the st1100 forum but If I could really use them.. thank you Scott

Contact John Oosterhuis on this forum.

I made a " tool " using a 1/2 " socket and and an air-driven cut-off tool. Only took a few minutes. I'll add / post a pic later after I retrieve the tool from the barn when I walk the dog. Not too keen on doing that this morning since it's only 10 degrees out there now.

BTW, it worked much better than I thought it would. And the socket metal was softer than I thought it would be. It was an old Craftsman socket that I bought when I was in the Navy back in about 1969.

EDIT : Here are some pics. I used a 1 -1/8 " socket.

Copy of Tool1.jpg

Copy of Tool2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom