Givi Flip Windsheild for ST1100

Re: Givi Flip Windshield for ST1100

Can't comment directly on the GIVI but thought I'd add a pic and link to the thread:

21720_1.jpg

http://www.compacc.com/p/Givi-D184S-Replacement-Windscreen-Honda-ST1100-All-Years

I do like my similar Gen I Clearview though. It's got the flip and is wider, keeping wind and rain off my shoulders.

Regards, John

I had the Givi windshield and sold it. It's 18" high, little higher than stock. My bike also came with a 22" Rifle. I'm 6' with a long body (30" inseam) and the Givi gave a little too much air, but that's me. Sometimes like right now I wish I had kept it.

Ralph Sims

I had a Givi tinted flip top screen on my '94. I don't remember what height it was, I think it was +1 or 2 inches and 1/2 or so wider on each side. I really liked mine.

Forgot to mention that this GIVI shield doesn't have the cateye cutouts (to relieve backpressure) that the later model year OEM shields have, and also the later generation Clearview models. They help a lot, IMNSHO. If you have an aftermarket ST1100 shield w/o the cateyes, there's a pattern and instructions on how to DIY in the ST1100 Archive Of Wisdom.

John

If it's not too late, I had a Givi on my 1100 and really liked it. The only reason I got rid of it was because I changed the seat, and that put the black trim right in my line of sight. I'm only 5'8" tall, so if you're much taller it might not work as well for you.

The best shield I tried on the 1100, though (aside from my custom-made adjustable shield) was the Laminar Combo shield, from the laminar lip folks.

Back
Top Bottom