Glen canyon camping?

Three campgrounds came up with a Google search. Two near Lake Powell and one near Page, all in that area.

If you want a good motel for a break from camping in that area, I'd highly recommend the Parry Lodge, located in downtown Kanab, Utah. Great historical property, with clean rooms and a decent full breakfast included. Stayed there 4 times myself over 25 years and always happy with the place.

Three campgrounds came up with a Google search. Two near Lake Powell and one near Page, all in that area.

If you want a good motel for a break from camping in that area, I'd highly recommend the Parry Lodge, located in downtown Kanab, Utah. Great historical property, with clean rooms and a decent full breakfast included. Stayed there 4 times myself over 25 years and always happy with the place.

Thanks! Gotta camp to stretch the $$!

You won't be far from Moki Dugway and Horseshoe Bend State Park.

There are 4-5 spots on 95 that are free... you need to check this stuff out ahead of time

I think I tried going down that rode a few years ago on the Tenere and bottomed out the skid plate as the road crews had grated and built up the sides. Not sure what it's like now but I'd be cautious on riding a touring bike in there... maybe...

predictable is what you need if you want tour for a long time and be a bit frugal :headbang:
I have not learned “ predictable”yet! Been using the camping apps a lot more this year. Grabbed a few nice spots. Ive also made a few adjustments with food and how i ride, hoping to stretch the $$ out.

I think I tried going down that rode a few years ago on the Tenere and bottomed out the skid plate as the road crews had grated and built up the sides. Not sure what it's like now but I'd be cautious on riding a touring bike in there... maybe...
I did not camp but I was there about 6yrs ago. The road was good up until the last quarter mile or so. The road gets graded every so often so I've been told. I keep telling myself that some day I will camp there. It's a really neat place.

I did not camp but I was there about 6yrs ago. The road was good up until the last quarter mile or so. The road gets graded every so often so I've been told. I keep telling myself that some day I will camp there. It's a really neat place.
It looks cool, will put on my possible list to check out next time I'm there. Goosenecks State Park was okay, lots of wind and not really much to see 'til you look over the edge... lol was there in the Miata a few years back.

IMG_20160817_180441.jpg

IMG_20160817_173108.jpg

there's always Natural Bridges Nat'l Monument. (closer than the Dugway, just not free).

Back
Top Bottom