Grip Heater Issue

jfheilman

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Ok,, I installed some new "grip puppies" (I forgot the name) on the throttle grip. When I got done the connection for the heater was rotated. My question is, what should I go to put it back to "normal". Right now its sort of in the way of the starter. Not a big deal just a deal..

Picture below.

Attachments

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
You could start by turning the bike right side up! :) If you can get access to an air compressor and a narrow nozzle you can push some air under the grip and move it around to where you want.

You might to it to the grip cover first but I'd try the grip and cover. Blow air under it and work it around. It might help to remove the bar end weights.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Most auto part stores sell a variety of attachments for your compressor hose - one of the 'blow guns' has what looks like a long hypodermic needle on steroids - this will work perfectly to do what St Gui suggested. The one I have has a 'needle' about 1/8" O.D. and maybe 5" long.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Use hairspray under the grips and you should be able to spin the grip back where it belongs. I have those Grip-puppies on my ST and never had that problem installing them with hairspray which lubricates the rubber to install and then drys where they stick great.

OP
OP
jfheilman

jfheilman

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
Ok two things to do. Get the ong hypodermic needle and try the hair spray. Actually its not a real problem its just that its night "Right". Its one of those details. :)

Top Bottom