Gros Morne and the Arches, Newfoundand

Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
It must be the dreary relentless winter that keeps drawing me to the bike. Since my Cabot Trail video got some interest, I figured I should edit down 8 hours of video from a ride last September. It starts with part 1 from York Harbour (home) in the Bay of Islands near Corner Brook and goes thru Gros Morne National Park to the Arches Provincial Park on the Northern Peninsula. One of my favourite runs. Will be well into May before I can do that again. There was a lot of road work going on in Gros Morne last summer. All good, but they have made some of my favourite curves more RV friendly. Still playing with formatting... I left all video at it's normal speed. Had to make two parts. Sooo much scenery I wanted to show. I'm dealing with rural internet, so that means 12 min. of HD video takes 7 hours to upload and I can never watch anything faster than 480. Sorry about the generic non-royalty background music. YouTube has rapped my knuckles a few time for copyright issues.
If you have any questions about riding in western Newfoundland, feel free to get in touch. Hope you enjoy parts 1 & 2. You need a half hour to kill altogether.
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yyr5IjHWhI

Last edited:
Good Morning...Good Afternoon .. what ever it is!

Love the video! Have driven up to St Anthony for work many times but its usually in the off season. Myself and my wife rode as far as Cow Head a few summers back. Stayed at a B and B in Rocky Harbour for 3 nights and the weather was great. Getting pretty antsy here to get back on the road too. Love that ST sound!! :)

I thought part 1 looked familiar. I was in your beautiful province in 2014 and rode from the western ferry to Blow Me Down Provincial Park on day one, so we rode right through your hometown. Great scenery but the roads in NL are not the best :( We stayed at Lomond River Lodge campground that night and then did Gros Morne park the next couple of days.

I thought part 1 looked familiar. I was in your beautiful province in 2014 and rode from the western ferry to Blow Me Down Provincial Park on day one, so we rode right through your hometown. Great scenery but the roads in NL are not the best :( We stayed at Lomond River Lodge campground that night and then did Gros Morne park the next couple of days.

Yes, you would have ridden right past my house. I agree that a lot of our roads leave something to be desired. Keep you on your toes for sure.

My 10 day ride through Newfoundland in 2011 was one of the best journeys I have taken in all my years of riding. Wonderful people and spectacular scenery. Your video brought back great memories of that trip. Thank you.

Great video! Thanks for sharing, incredible views and so little traffic, is always like that? The roads do look pretty rough in areas but seemed manageable.

So did you get a ticket??

Great video! Thanks for sharing, incredible views and so little traffic, is always like that? The roads do look pretty rough in areas but seemed manageable.

So did you get a ticket??

Most of the time the traffic is light. I was waiting for someone to pickup on the RCMP car. Yes I did. The hazards of riding lol.

Sorry to hear that I was hoping you had just gotten a warning.... at least you have a nice memento of the ride....

Thanks for the video. My condolences on the ticket! Cindy and I have been considering a trip out as her sister has a spot on Conception Bay at Gull Island. If not this year perhaps next .

Back
Top Bottom