Harbor Freight Aluminum Lift

RONST1300

STOC # 8616
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I have been wanting to get a lift for a while, but don't have the room for stationary lift. I bought a steal lift with a floor pump at Sears that I was not crazy about, and I returned it. I looked really closely at the 30" High lift at HF, but it looked rather wobble on YouTube video. So I purchased an Aluminum 1500 at HF. Has anyone used one on the ST. I am not sure if I want to pull it out of the box till I hear what others think.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-lightweight-aluminum-motorcycle-lift-60636.html

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
I have this type of lift, only it is steel. I have never lifted my ST or Goldwing completely off the ground with it. Just don't feel there is enough "footprint" on the lift to be stable for any maintenance other than just looking at it. For the serious maintenance issues, I have a "Titan" drive on lift.

STOC #
I don't have the cajones to use this type of lift on an expensive motorcycle. I spent the money for a Handy Industries lift and never regretted that expense.

Last edited:
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I have a similar lift that I've used for smaller bikes (with frames that go underneath the engine). It works for tire changes, but not real practical for any engine work or chain adjustments because you still have to strap the bike down and the straps run right in front of where I was always wanting to work.
And, ever since I purchased my HF 1,000 lb. table-style lift, I've rarely used the smaller one.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I use a similar lift. You will need to make a cradle. A sturdy piece of plywood with a wooden batten on one end that sits under the centre stand and a small 2x4 under the oilpan between the exhaust. Take off the tip over covers so that you can attach straps from the lift to the tip over bars. There are a couple of threads showing how others have done it. I'm very comfortable with mine.

Tmac79

Tim
Bike
06 ST1300
I use a similar lift from HF for both my 1100 and 1300.... it picks it up off the ground nicely. I had the 1300 sitting on it with no wheels for a couple of days. It was very secure on the lift.

Bike
2009 Suzuki Vstrom
I see a nice chunky Harley on it in the picture... Hmmm it looks awfully PHOTOSHOPPED on there tho...I have a steel one and it lifts mine no problem,.... BUT Yeah leaving it on there a long time?.. OK if the front and back wheel are blocked so it cant rock..

JZH

International Bodger
These types of lifts are not designed for bikes like the ST1300. They are designed for bikes that have parallel frame tubes underneath the engine, like a Harley Davidson. If you understand that, and still think you can "make it work", go for it...

Ciao,

This type of lift is a general cheapo lift that most people can actually help make due with.. If you strap down the bike, it'll be plenty sturdy. For the budget, you can't really beat this..

Top Bottom