Harbor Freight Motorcycle Dolly

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Bike
1994 ST1100
I have a coupon for like $59.99 or so.
Absolutely I'll let you know. Also, if I'd find another coupon I'll let you know

mark

Bike
1994 ST1100
I like Harbor freight tools store. Much cheaper tools and they're fairly good quality. Not PRO stuff but enough for fixing my bikes and cars. I'm also getting ready for 4x8' trailer. Usually there's a coupon for $269, just screw a sheer of painted plywood, wheel chock and in case I, or someone needs to tow a bike for $300 I'm ready.

Mark

Bike
1994 ST1100
Just got home, one thing is, I thought that I'll be able to put the bike on center stand but it looks like side stand only. She takes less space on center stand. Well, it ok.

Mark

yes Smash. Lubing is important.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Mick
Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #
Just got home, one thing is, I thought that I'll be able to put the bike on center stand but it looks like side stand only. She takes less space on center stand.
That little detail escaped my attention when I looked at it on the webpage. That would be a deal killer for me since I have a one car garage and two bikes. The more room I can save, the better.

Bike
1994 ST1100
Once I'll put it together I'll see if there's something that I can add to accommodate for center stand. I'm thinking 1/4" plate bolted to he dolly floor with additional heavy duty caster.
There's a solution for everything!
will keep you updated.

Mark

Bike
2002 ST1100
STOC #
I've had one of these for a year now, with a lighter bike on it (CB750) until a week ago when it got my new ST1100. It does what it should. I did have a couple of bolts (attaching the casters) loosen, even with supplied lock nuts, so either check that periodically or use loctite. You will need to use the bike's side stand. I got mine for $60 as well, and it's an unbeatable deal. (In a related note, I've had bad luck buying anything delicate/electronic from HF: battery chargers, stud finders, DVOMs, pumps - even a concrete mixer! seem to die very quickly, while "stuff", such as this, my press, etc. have long lives.)David

STill STylin

Red is ALWAYS faSTer
Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
JuST checked with local Harbor Freight STore.

The current SALE PRICE of $79.00 (reduced from $99.99) is good thru thru 1/31/2014.

If you'd like to save an additional 20%, driving your net CoST down to $63.99 - plus local and STate insults, SEE THE ATTACHED "SUPER COUPON". NOTE: The additional "Super Coupon" 20% discount EXPIRES 12/31/2013

Thank you,
-Elliot

Attachments

Last edited:

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
I hear ya on the scary. I saw where someone on here made some out riggers for foot placement while loading and unloading from the lift. Until I make some, I will continue to have a spotter help me with mine.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
How hard is it to get the bike up onto this Dolly? I don't see anyway to lock it down while you ride up onto it.

I see that it is still on sale and Harbor Freight has another 25% off coupon.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Nevermind, I Google's it and watched a couple of YouTube video's. Looks like it will work for me, now to find a printable copy of that 25% off coupon that I saw at work.

Bike
1994 ST1100
I'm sorry guys, I've assembled my dolly but it's just standing in garage since it's been cold here and I need to swap rear wheel before I put her onto it. Hopefully this Saturday.

Mark

Bought one and assembled it today.

Making sense of the limited instructions was fun.

Bike gets up onto it easily.

However once on you are supposed to lift a roller piece front and rear. Getting the rear on up so the dolly can be moved is a bit of a struggle. I lifted it and then used a rubber mallet to knock it all the way. Had to take left bag off to do this.

Once done it does roll about the garage pretty well.

I wouldn't like to put any heavier a bike on it. Yiou do have to use a bit of muscle to get it moving.

Lifting the bike to vertical prior to riding off it caused some alarm. With fore and aft rollers down to stop the dolly moving the thing did scoot sideways as I exerted force on the bike to lift it vertical off the side stand.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I put mine together yesterday but oiled the wheels first and added some grease to the casters. I doesn't move to bad for the weight that is on it. I was impressed by the weight of the steel that is used. It will serve my purpose. I did put a piece of plywood in the kickstand leg as I have a Racetech suspension that raises the height of the bike.

Bike
1994 ST1100
Here are some details of wheel stop/ramp system. Finally I put the dolly down on garage floor and drove on it, just to realize that I still need to work on front wheel so off she went again and dolly is on side against garage wall...lol

Attachments

Bike
1994 ST1100
I got another idea. Just got home from HF store and bought a pair of these:
http://t.harborfreight.com/2-piece-vehicle-dollies-67511.html

they're 14" wide on the inside and my center stand is 11" wide. Only issue could be the arm of the stand. I might have to cut off one of the connecting rods from the dolly. Actually, it might be better to build a little platform just enough to clear the arm.
There's another type of dolly but my local store was out of them:
http://t.harborfreight.com/2-piece-1500-lb-capacity-vehicle-dollies-67338.html
this one should be better.

I'm thinking to place one dolly under center stand and one under front wheel so I can move my ST in the garage.
We'll see tomorrow when I get to try it...

Mark

Last edited:
I got another idea. Just got home from HF store and bought a pair of these:
http://t.harborfreight.com/2-piece-vehicle-dollies-67511.html

they're 14" wide on the inside and my center stand is 11" wide. Only issue could be the arm of the stand. I might have to cut off one of the connecting rods from the dolly. Actually, it might be better to build a little platform just enough to clear the arm.
There's another type of dolly but my local store was out of them:
http://t.harborfreight.com/2-piece-1500-lb-capacity-vehicle-dollies-67338.html
this one should be better.

I'm thinking to place one dolly under center stand and one under front wheel so I can move my ST in the garage.
We'll see tomorrow when I get to try it...

Mark
For the price of those you could just buy the regular motorcycle dolly???

Top Bottom