Harbor Freight Motorcycle Dolly

Bought one and assembled it today.

Making sense of the limited instructions was fun.

Bike gets up onto it easily.

However once on you are supposed to lift a roller piece front and rear. Getting the rear on up so the dolly can be moved is a bit of a struggle. I lifted it and then used a rubber mallet to knock it all the way. Had to take left bag off to do this.

Once done it does roll about the garage pretty well.

I wouldn't like to put any heavier a bike on it. Yiou do have to use a bit of muscle to get it moving.

Lifting the bike to vertical prior to riding off it caused some alarm. With fore and aft rollers down to stop the dolly moving the thing did scoot sideways as I exerted force on the bike to lift it vertical off the side stand.
I made a discovery.

Lift the rear roller arm whilst standing at the rear of the bike. NOT THE SIDE. From the rear it pops up easily.

mlheck

Site Supporter
Bike
'18 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I can just flip mine up with the toe of my boot if done from the rear. You could get yourself a piece of pipe that would slide over the handle to increase your leverage. Once I rotate it past the initial hump is moves freely.

I must say that I was quite surprised by the thickness of steel used to make this. I did re-grease all of the casters and wheels before installing them. The bike does moves easily once you get it moving. With it being on sale and a 25% coupon it was worth the money.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Got one last week, like it, my car tire just fits the channel
, no problem lifting or lowering the end stops as mentioned above. Look for the $59 coupon in motorcycle magazines too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom