Harley Riders.....Do They Wave at You??

Bike
ST1300
Real Harley riders waive everytime. when in ohio they never waived, but in ole mich most all of them waive, Some are good guys and some are not

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I'd like it if there were enough two-wheeled vehicles on the roads that waving became pointless.

--Mark

Most wave, around here. I have a H/D, but I ride my ST more. Its faster, handles better, and I could go on, an on, an on. If I had found my ST about a year ago, I might not have bought, the H/D. I wave at all.

MileHigh

Juvenile delinquent
Bike
2006 ST
STOC #
Sometimes, it seems like I am doing more waving than riding. ;)

Squidiots seem like they never wave.

HD's wave all the time to me.

I am the sort who waves when waved to. I don't usually initiate the wave.

Paul

Happy Saturday!
Site Supporter
Bike
08 ST13 05 VStrom 1K
STOC #
I quit doin the wave, my bike gets unstable when I stand up and throw up my hands.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I don't care, to me it it does not matter what you are riding, a Vespa, Wing or Harley. If you are out on the road braving the elements & cage drivers stupidity/wrath and enjoying yourself on two wheels you deserve acknowledgment, I don't even care if you wave back.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
I wave at everyone, most wave back.

People on cruisers don't return my wave as often when I'm on the BB or ST.

People on sport bikes or touring bikes don't return my wave as often when I'm on my Harley.

Even some cruiser riders don't return my wave when I'm on my Harley.

I can't tell the difference between a Harley and metric cruiser from the front.

Its no reflection on me or what I ride if they don't wave back.

I don't care enough about the non-wavers to waste my time giving them the one finger salute.

Besides, when you do that they know they got to you.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
I wave at everyone that rides on two/three wheels. Most wave back even the Harley riders and those that don't, well, I feel sorry for them. Maggie and I were out riding a few weeks ago, she was in front and I was about 50 yards behind her. She waved to another Harley rider, he waved back to her, but wouldn't return mine. He just kind of turned his head to the side. I laughed so hard I almost ran off the road!!!

Coming back from WeSTOC, a bunch of young ladies in an SUV rolled down their windows and gave me the wave with a big hoop and hollar. I gave them a wave and big grin.

Life's too short, don't be a dork.

John

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
They at the very least have to wear a helmet for me to wave at them :crackup,,jk

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Wow... another one... gee... how long did that take :)

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community -- a brotherhood, really.

Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan. Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassle handlebars and the studded luggage and the half-helmets... God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, I do hate those guys. I don't wave at them, either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180-degree German engines. God, I hate them. They're almost as bad as those old ******** on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two-wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they've got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grampa, and while you're at it, I'm not waving to you.

Ducati guys? I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color you want, as long as it's red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. They always have those stupid helmets sitting on top of their stupid heads, and God forbid they should wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep on going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki
guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green my ***. I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Honda, and I'll only wave at Honda guys, but even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Nice crotch, by the way. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and by the way, neither will the guys in two-piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at -- those guys with the helmets with the loud paintjobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet... like I'm going to wave back to that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is like a family, a close-knit brotherhood of people who ride Hondas, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid-color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special?

Just Ride! :)

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Most wave even the skid lid ones. Who's Dot anyway?
Most have loud pipe and Dot stickers on their helmet.:shrug2:
Some initiate, a few will look the other way. Whatever, go ride.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot..I also wave at little fledgling soccer players in cellphone mom's soccer ball festooned SUV...right before mom yells, "quick, lock the doors, DON'T LOOK AT HIM!!!"

Bike
'05 ST 1300
I was driving my Buick and waved at a Dodge Charger...no wave. Maybe if I had 22s on my Park Avenue he would have given me some respect...

Viggo

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 Goldwing
STOC #
I wave at anyone on 2 wheels. If they don't return the wave, so what?

Last Saturday, I rode about 60 miles to a friends house and met 5 bikes on the way. I don't remember the order they were in now but there were 2 Wings, a sport bike of some kind, a guy on a big scooter and lastly a Harley with ape hangers. The only one who returned my wave was the ape hanger guy. It struck me as funny.

Top Bottom