• Yes it failed

Votes: 95 48.7%
  • No problems

Votes: 100 51.3%

• Total voters

FGrella

07 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Just curious how many from this site have had a thermostat failure. I have not (knock on wood) but it seems quite a few have or is it just a vocal few?
My understanding is that when it fails it sticks open. As it has been extremely hot here in SC and I only have 1500 miles on my 2007, 800 of which came from riding home after purchase in Miami I can't tell.

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Yes my thermostat failed at less than 12kmi. Out of warranty my local dealer quoted me $436 for the job. Replaced it myself with instructions from mellow in a little over 3 hrs. Phew
Only later did I discover that an after market part is available that has to be better. I ordered one just in case.
To have a little fun I called Honda's customer service and spoke to their rep. about this part and guess what, I was told that there is no problem as far as they are concerned.
RK
How was your bike out of warranty with less than 12k on it? Was it older than 3 years with that mileage?

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
My thermostat went south around the 10K mark. I finally got around to changing it myself at 14K. It was stuck in the half open position. How did I know it was around 10K? In the winter, I would sometimes go from three bars to one bar. I also started to have heat problems in the summer. Until then, I was wondering what all the heat talk was about; I did not have the problem. After changing the thermostat, I no longer have heat problems.

Top Bottom