Heated Grips

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
How many wires come out of the controller? Symtec HeatDemons (which go under the grips) have a high/low/ ground wire setup.
I know people have connected them to HeatTrollers before (I think they just connected the high heat wire and the ground).

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I have the Honda factory heated grips, my grips have shorts in them, but the controller works fine, does anyone know of any aftermarket grips that will work with the Honda controller? Honda just wants to much cash for the factory ones
Have a look at the discussion part of the attachment in the first post of the below link. It explains the differences between the Honda series wired grips and grips wired in parallel and how to hook them up to the Honda controller. It references heating elements, but the same theory applies to any heated grips wired in parallel.

Bike
ST-1300A '09/'12
2024 Miles
I have the Honda factory heated grips, my grips have shorts in them, but the controller works fine, does anyone know of any aftermarket grips that will work with the Honda controller? Honda just wants to much cash for the factory ones
Check out the post in this discussion:

TLDR; The poster was able to use Honda OEM parts for heated grips. Honda doesn't advertise them for the ST1300 but they appear to work. You may be able to replace your grips with the ones he lists. It ain't cheap however!

*Edit*
Ack sorry, I didn't read your post properly and that you didn't want the factory ones!

I would just replace them with the Koso grips that have the controller in the grip itself and leave the factory controller there (or replace it with something unrelated).

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Short question: this is the ST1100 corner, right? ;)

So, gremlins struck also in my neck of the woods, LHS OEM grip heater gave in...
They're quite off age, I moved them from my prev '92 ST1100 (note: eleven hundred...), so about 30 years duty... not bad I'd say, not bad at all...

Anyway, what to replace the elements with?
OEM aren't avail anymore (RHS is but I need the 22mm LHS...)...
In aftermarket ones Oxford seem to be the choice, not sure about the model... in particular I'm not sure about the integrated controller with my big paws, and rather keep the OEM bug which wheel can be easily operated during odd conditions with thick gloves on...

Also odd that current heaters come with the throttle tube installed... will this even fit?
In this I stumbled over an OEM kit for the NC 750... P/N 08T70-MKW-D00, of course for an obscene amount of money...

Found aftermarket ones for a more reasonable amount and ext controller, enabling reusing my old OEM one:

The Keenso OTOH are really cheap, but look like a DIY project...

Daytona look slick, but hindering the use of my SENA RC4 clip-on remocon, and I'm also not sure if the surface isn't uncomfortable when wearing thin summer gloves...

What's the quality of the aftermarket grips? Will the rubber weather off within just one season or are they as durable as the Honda ones??

Top Bottom