Heli bar risers ram ball thread size ??

Gene

That's MR CUPCAKE to you!
STOC #
Looking to add a ram ball for my gps what size hole is in the heli cover ?? Are the plastic arms as durable as aluminum my gps only weights 5oz

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
The part you're looking for is the RAM-B-237 ball.

For what it's worth, my GPS weighs in at almost two pounds and did just fine on a plastic arm. I had problems with the threaded stud on the RAM ball shearing off, so I switched to the top half of a RAM-B-231Z bolted into the other two holes in my MCL center cover.

--Mark

sickchilly

ennui...
STOC #
Supposedly Heli changed at some point from 1/4-20 to 3/8-16. I believe the more recent ones are the latter. I guess I should measure mine...

jfheilman

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
I purchased the heli risers several months ago. I installed them Saturday. The Ram ball was a little difficult to screw in so I chased the threads on the mount with a 3/8 -16 tap. It went in very well after that. So, the threads are 3/8 -16.

Regarding the ram mount, I thought it was plastic but it is not. It's AL (aluminum). Somone else also suggested replacing the locking knob with one that has an acutally key lock so it can not easily be removed. I did that. The knob is a bit big but using the small ram mount I can get the system to work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom