Helibar torque values

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Can someone look up the papers for their heilbars, and see what torque is specified. I remember the top cover was 7 ft/lbs, but don't remember the handlebar to riser torque (10 or 12). Have lost the papers for mine. Just want to go over them with the torque wrench after some use.

STOC #
Per the instruction sheet:

Helibar adapter to triple brace = 14 foot pounds

Handlebars to Helibar adapter = 12 foot pounds

Center cover = 7 foot pounds

Cheers

OP
OP
Tor

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Osibisa said:
Per the instruction sheet:

Helibar adapter to triple brace = 14 foot pounds

Handlebars to Helibar adapter = 12 foot pounds

Center cover = 7 foot pounds

Cheers
Thank you sir :bow1:

STOC #
Torqued off

You want to pay attention to those numbers. I couldn't believe how tight the factory bolts were when I took them off. I couldn't believe that the recommended torque specs from Heli were adequate by comparison. I called Heli and spoke to "Ralph". Ralph stated that the specs were adequate and designed "for the type of bolts". He also said that loctite was not necessary. I asked much farther I could tighten the bolts and he said maybe 2-3 lbs because they're being tightened on Aluminum instead of steel. Two or three ft/lbs wasn't even close to what I feel the bolts had been tightened to by the factory so I followed the Heli recommendations and haven't had any problem whatsoever.

Also, if you remove the retaining wire that secures the cables and a wiring harness, than replace them as they were from the factory. The Honda service manual has a specific arrangement for the cables when they are placed into the retaining wire that mounts to each side of the steering tube.

Top Bottom