Helmet Amp

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Now, I DO wear a wicking helmet liner
That made a big difference for me. But it's helps if the 'buds of choice don't stick out. Mellow and someone else have another brand of similarly designed 'buds that are said to fit well under a helmet and not present a problem donning and doffing.

A previously stated advantage of plugging 'bugs into a Sena (and maybe another manufacturer's communicator too) is using the Ambient mode if the unit has one. This allows the wear to use a communicators mike to hear sound outside the helmet without having to remove the 'buds. Some people don't seem to have a problem but I can't hear understand someone talking at a conversational level with 'buds in. Well unless it's That Guy who likes to be heard by people 20' away.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
...... using the Ambient mode if the unit has one. This allows the wear to use a communicators mike to hear sound outside the helmet ......
Hey Robert, dejavu. We have already discussed this and we, certainly I anyway, forgot all about this and doing a little more testing. Based on my experience and the test that I did do, see below I still think that there is a second internal microphone for the ambient noise mode.

I gather that you never received a response?

OP
OP
Mophead

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
IASUS is sending me another new amp. I must say their customer service is some of the better I have dealt with. Very responsive. No lag time between when I shipped the other one back to notification a new one is on its way to me. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom