Helmet speakers + mic + iphone

Bike
2010 ST1300
I just got an Xgrip ram mount for my iphone. Excellent product. Now I'm looking for a helmet speaker and mic setup that works similar to the iphone headphones, where you can push to talk to the phone. I have some sony earbud style headphones with a "squeeze" mic that work like the iphone original headphones. While way more comfortable, I would prefer helmet speakers with the same ability to communicate with the phone.
Anyone solve this riddle yet?
Thanks,
Southern9

yeah its called a communication system is ur answer, i run autocom motorcycle intercom set up with a iphone 5c. i can answer my phone and talk as im riding, another item u can do if good with a solidering gun and make your own set up, u just need a set of headphones, a mic from a cordless phone, or but a small mic, and then with the cable that u have now u can remove the mic and answer part and also the small ear bud and make another harness that runs all from helmet and connect all the wires to the correct spots and then u will have a home made set up.... i would do a 5 dim plug between cable from phone to helmet.... hope all this rambling makes since.......

Sena. Music and comms via hi-def blue tooth and it's drop dead easy. The working charge for my Sena 10 exceeds ten hours- meaning I have great music and full comms throughout the week and only have to plug the helmet in on the weekend.

I'd like to use my ear buds and have a mic that I can talk into over the I-phone while riding. Has anyone also put together their own setup for this time of communication system?
I've gone the Bluetooth route before with helmet headsets and have to whole system crater and I'm not goanna spend another small fortune to talk on my phone while riding and lessen through the helmet headset.

yeah its called a communication system is ur answer, i run autocom motorcycle intercom set up with a iphone 5c........

Sorry to hijack the thread but justin sabre does not do private messages? What cable are you using to connect Autocom to iphone?? The Autocom 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable is too short to reach from under seat to ram mount on bars.
Bob

I run an Autocom too. I took out my helmet speakers and use custom earbuds plugged into the Autocom adapter cable and run my phone through the Autocom bluetooth dongle. The phone automatically connects to the blue tooth when I crank the bike. I keep my phone in my pocket, plug my helmet into the system and off we go.

My wife and I have some Scala Rider Q2 headsets that we use to communicate to each other when we ride together or to listen to music and such when riding solo. I have an Android phone but my wife uses her iPhone with her set with no problems.

Thanks for all the replies. I don't want to fork out a few hundred bucks for a comm system. Been there, done that. I do like the idea of the bluetooth headphones that STDaveNW posted up. I guess I will give the earbuds with mic a chance and see how it goes. I haven't liked earbuds in the past, due to ear pain, safety, and lack of convenience. My ideal set up would be speakers on the iphone head set instead of those white plastic torture devices.
I am hoping to keep it simple: just the iphone for navigation, some tunes, and ability to see if work is calling me in while I'm wearing out tires. :D

Sorry to hijack the thread but justin sabre does not do private messages? What cable are you using to connect Autocom to iphone?? The Autocom 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable is too short to reach from under seat to ram mount on bars.
Bob

i have my auto com system in a tank bag and i mounted a holder for my phone on the bag, but i have taken a 3.5mm 4pole autocom cable that went bad, and a skull candy 3.5 4 pole headphone that the speakers stopped working, and i soidlered them together and made it work for the autocom system. if u want more info on how i made it email me, justinhampton@live.com

I tried the ear bud route, wasn't happy as the buds would slip out of my ear and then cause me grief with something loose in my helmet, till I stopped and fixed it.
i bought a barely used Sena10. I works well on my open faced helmet as well as my full face. I was amazed at the sound. With the iPhone in the ram mount I can FaceTime with others, they get to enjoy the ride ;). Phone conversations are good too. You can also set the volume for different devices. There's also a Sena5 model which is cheaper.
There is a dongle that allows you to connect earbuds to the unit.
basically it's a plug and play, no fuss no muss.
good luck with your search. Lot's of products to choose from.

I use the SCALA com system, you can buy single for about $100, you don't have to buy a set. Later you could add a second one if your needs change. If your buddy has one then you could talk bike to bike. Another option is find a buddy and buy a set and split. I got my team set for about $150 so that is about $75 each if you want to spend that much.

Top Bottom