Helmets are for the birds.

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Yes I said it and I mean it. I was up in Kansas staying at my Brothers house while he vacationed in sunny Florida for a week without me to show him around my home area. o_O

His garage is full of his toys so no room left for my 2 wheels to shelter from those normal Kansas spring storms but his mominlaw has some space left in her garage. So with storms pending for last Friday to Sunday I asked her Thursday if I could park the bike in her garage and like normal she said sure thing.

She also likes to leave her garage door open so "they think someone is home". With spring in the air the birds are busy making nests where they judge all is A OK. When we went over Sunday to pick up the bike and bring it back to my Brothers a bird had been pretty busy making up a nest. I hated to ruin 3 days of hard work but I needed the helmet more than she did for my ride home Monday.

Off topic from the topic but I'm home from eclipse viewing (Poplar Bluff MO.) , Ranchstoc attending and Kansas visiting posting a few tags along the way with 3,824 more miles on the bike.

IMG_4103.jpeg

IMG_4104.jpeg

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Wow... so birdbrained... nah.. never mind, that's too easy...lol

They do work fast.

OP
OP
W0QNX

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Sorry, no bird related puns, but I hope the liner can be removed for washing the interior foam pieces.

OK, I’ll try…a bird in hand is better than one in the helmet…OK, I’ll see myself out now…

Down in SC, even if I have the bikes in a closed garage, we do get the occasional anole (small lizards) in the garage, so I don’t want one of them making a home in my helmet and surprising me on the road dropping down from above, so the helmets are always in the house when not in use.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Yeah, but I'll bet that bird is still on your Christmas list!

A former co-worker who rode his BMW 50 miles one way to work every day... almost every day... had a different kind of bird encounter. Still tried to get into a helmet.
Shortly after I started working with him he didn't show up for work one day. VERY unusual for him. Turns out he hit a deer a few miles from his home. He thought he split the deer in half due to seeing the carcass flying off one side and something else flying off the other side as the bike rode over it. When he stopped being a nice guy to move the deer out of the road he noted a growing pool of oil spreading out from under the bike. Deer was dead but in one piece and the other thing he saw was the front bottom of his engine. Jumping forward a month on his first ride to work on his new BMW, about a half mile from where he hit the deer, a quail flew across the road right into the chin bar of his helmet... and then dropped onto the tank dead. His jaw was sore for a while after that and he missed another day of work. Did I mention he hates missing work and saves up all his time off for one trip every year.

Top Bottom