Hogtunes/Metrix Audio

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
My wife had this unit on her CBF 1000. It comes with all required to hook it up.......amp.....2 21/4 inch chrome bullet speakers all wires, brackets and connections. Its easy to hook up, 3 wires, but it takes some time to run the wires along the frame and handlebars. You can plug a flash drive into it or connect your Mp3, BB or Iphone on a handle bar bracket.

Anyway, one of the speaker mounts snapped clean off at the base of the speaker. Hogtunes replaced everything (Kudos to them). I received the new unit and installed on my wifes new CTX 700. Now I have a perfectly good stereo system (except for damaged speaker) and an ST1300 with no sound system ;)

I read thru the list of mods/installs in the forum but havent seen anything other then taking/cutting holes in the dash and installing the speakers. I have tried to take the speaker housings apart but no joy. Another challenge is the handle bar brackets are for round handle bars...which aforementioned ST doesnt have.

I know there are some super creative minds here. Any suggestions? :confused:

Please and Thankyou!

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
A few threads using polk 4" weather proof speakers and the oem Pan Euro speaker boxes might still be able to get them from david silver spares.
Most use ear buds rather than try to get speakers loud enough to hear thru your ear plugs and wind noise. You could probably mod the radio to drive ear buds or even in helmet speakers which some find work fine with ear plugs.

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Note that the Hogtunes MA2 system uses 2 ohm speakers, so if you replace them try to find similar impedance replacements. Higher impedances will work fine, but you will lose output.

Garry

Top Bottom