Honda CRF 250L - Update

JJames

Site Supporter
Bike
2000 ST 1100 ABS II
So got the CRF because - I was getting a little too adventures - on the ST11. trying roads the ST was not ment for (thank God that went well ! ). Now I've been where can be - and where I shouldn't be , and there is still a lots left to check out. The little Honda 250 gets around. . It's actually not that small, I think it's a fairly tall bike , that suits me well . It's quiet - hikers/Locals don't get all bent out of shape , if you meet them , they didn't even hear you coming . It soaks up pot holes like a champ. Down sides : not many , its got something called a chain drive , got to clean and lubricate it . Small tank -not a problem yet - it's very cheap to fill the tank.
However I found out wanted to do some mods. First: The PO had put custom seat from Seat Consepts and larger foot pegs on her. Glad he did. That seat is highly recommended. I get a sore butt even from car seats - no pain on her so far. Rack and Givi Box . My mods. Risers , 1" , I think that is about what you can do without getting in trouble with cables and wires. Bash Plate -got to have that. I went with a thick plastic one for some good reasons , even tough I wanted an aluminium one. Cold weather stuff : Hand guards and Oxford heated grips . YES ! It's almost a must here . It just makes the trip so much nicer. Tha ST has spoiled me , so I put on a screen too. I was a little to slanted ,out of the box , but I found a fix to get it in a more up right position . Haven't tested it in this position yet , but I think it will work well now. Finally : I had to ditch the Givi Box . The only way I could get on or off the CRF ,was to stand on the peg and through my leg over the box. Maybe not so good in a situation where you want to get away from the bike either. I saw some guys on you tube that talked highly of this sett up with Lomo soft bags - I think the set up was cheap and works great . No frame or anything , and the bags can be off the bike in seconds.
Well that's about it - They say the stock tires are crap -what do I know ? They must be right . But there are compromises all the way when buying tires for this one , and it's driving me nuts . Have a nice Winter !

DSC_0142-kopi.JPGDSC_0145-kopi.JPGDSC_0147-kopi.JPGDSC_0145-kopi.JPGDSC_0147-kopi.JPG

Attachments

Top Bottom