Honda line heated grips

OP
OP
hammer67
Bike
FJR1300
The total was $38.00 with S/H & tax for 1 grip & took 1 1/2 weeks to get the part from when I ordered it. I asked him in an Email about the design he said they no longer had that older design.

OP
OP
hammer67
Bike
FJR1300
Thanks again for all the help....makes me want to buy another ST again....I dont get this kind of help on the FJR forum.:D This is a few items i have on my bike & this is a map of my last trip 4 months ago. the trip was 8 days with a 1 day stop in Yuma Az. (family) total miles was 4500 miles. the last picture is of my bike & trailer on the way to Sturgis last year.

Attachments

BaileyRock

Senior Screamer!
Bike
2013 Ducati MS1200S
Umm... Well no, that's not the case at all.

Perhaps you missed this earlier post that explains in detail how to wire after-market grips with the OEM Honda controller.

It's so easy a stagehand can do it!

Here's an additional schematic comparing parallel and series wired grip heaters.
Great info and help provided by you here. I just updated from my 03 ST to a 2010 ST1300A and it has factory heated grips and the semi worthless controller, but instead of replacing everything I plan to use your suggestion and just add DualStar grip heaters which I've used on other Honda's for over 100k miles of trouble free heat.
Of course this thread is a few years old, any newer or better developments out there?
Thanks again.

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
Great info and help provided by you here. I just updated from my 03 ST to a 2010 ST1300A and it has factory heated grips and the semi worthless controller, but instead of replacing everything I plan to use your suggestion and just add DualStar grip heaters which I've used on other Honda's for over 100k miles of trouble free heat.
Of course this thread is a few years old, any newer or better developments out there?
Thanks again.
I don't know about 'better' but I have been using these for a year and like them. They have a large diameter and I find them much more comfortable than the smaller original grips that came on my bike.
http://www.koso.com.tw/uploads/images/c174f7f7d710dad43a14ca372d4b6165.jpg

Top Bottom