'06 ST1300
STOC #
I sure hope so!

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
But is it an ADV or not, that's the question? Seems like opinion is shifting to the XL750 being a road bike with very limited off road ability, I have to ask why would Honda do that?

Bike
VStrom 650
Ray, I pulled alongside one last Friday coming back from having tyres fitted, it looked very sweet in the metal. It also looked bigger in the flesh too. I think the new owner had just picked it up from Honda Motorcycles, Newcastle upon the Tyne, you could smell the newness.
Upt.

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
Because big ADV bikes run 99% on roads.
100% of my riding buddies are all over that 1%, its a shame Honda didn't go for it. There's a lot of 790/890 owners who would just love to have a reliable alternative

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I had a 1989 Honda Transalp, the same time I had my 1989 Pacific coast.
They both used motors similar to the Honda shadows of their time period.
After I sold my PC800 (with over 300,000 miles on it) I hung on to the Transalp, as it was the perfect go-anywhere, do anything, motorcycle.
It was like the old Triumph's of the day, want a street bike, use street tires, want a dirt bike, change the tires.
These bikes were never meant to pigeon hole a type/style of motorcycle, like so many people try and do today, but just a gentle, friendly, comfortable bike, that you could ride almost anywhere.
These were not meant to be dirt bikes, trials bikes, moto cross bikes, or enduros.
I lusted after an XR750V Africa Twin that a local guy had imported. But they were really not that much difference for the type of riding/commuting/travel that I was doing, so I turned down the chance to pick up his when he sold it (he had two of them).
Honda is just marketing the NAMES of these bikes to attract buyers.
Our new Africa twin, while better in many ways, is nothing like the original one.
This new Transalp appears to be the same type of deal, looks like they've taken a CB500X and added bodywork, and used a name folks would remember.
Honda appears to be following BMW's lead with Parts Bin Bikes such as the R Nine T, you can have a GS version, roadster version, cafe version, scrambler version, etc.
Now Honda is coming up with the CL500 scrambler, Transalp, Africa twin, several versions of Rebel's. etc.
Its sad, but almost none of the new models strike a note with me anymore.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
100% of my riding buddies are all over that 1%, its a shame Honda didn't go for it. There's a lot of 790/890 owners who would just love to have a reliable alternative
KTM and Honda sell to different subsets of riders. KTM may be able to thrive on 375,000 unit sales a year, Honda won't bother with numbers like that. They prefer a couple more zeros.

Top Bottom