How much header wrap and what size do I need????

Bike
2006 ST1300
I see Turbo City has header wrap cut to length for the ST1300 but my bike has the plastic off now for other work (J&M CB installation) and I wanted to wrap the headers this weekend. I doubt an order today would be here in time.

I was wondering what size, 1" or 2", I should use for the headers and how much I need. Is 50' enough?

50' is way more than enough. I would use the two inch size as well.

If you're an agressive rider, you may want to consider ceramic coating instead of fiberglass wrapping. If you're not an overly agressive rider, then I think you'll be okay.

50' is way more than enough. I would use the two inch size as well.

If you're an agressive rider, you may want to consider ceramic coating instead of fiberglass wrapping. If you're not an overly agressive rider, then I think you'll be okay.

Aggressive, maybe, I've scraped my exhaust and brake lever in turns :D

But I can't do ceramic coating myself and this is strictly for head reduction to the rider and not for performance and from what I see the wraps generally reduce the heat a bit more than the coatings.

I would much prefer the coatings though but I don't think time and budget will permit.

I used a 50' roll of 2" heat wrap and the metal zip ties from summit racing . If you live near a Harbor Freight you can buy the zip ties for about half of summits price. Wrapped my pipes about a foot . Also if the plastic is off I lined mine with reflective material from KTM and ventalated my inner fairings . Solved my heat problem and temp gauge even at 100 degrees out side stays right in the middle. Only draw back slight discolor of mufflers from higher heat

Back
Top Bottom