How to clean heated gloves?

Joined
Oct 17, 2014
Messages
111
Location
Tacoma, Wa
Bike
2010 ST1300
I had my 20oz insulated coffee thermos in my saddle bag, and it dumped almost the entire contents into said saddlebag. Unfortunately, I also had my Gerbing heated gloves and my full gauntlet gloves in that saddle bag.
How do I remove creamed coffee from said items? I have rinsed with the garden hose so far.
 
Are you talking about inside the glove or just the outside? First thing I'd do is look for a care label on how to wash/clean them. Second thing would be to go to their website and see if you can find an answer there. My best guess would be to wash the outsides with a mild soap solution in warmish water. Rinse. If the coffee did not ruin them, some soapy water won't either.
 
I think I'd also have no problems with washing the inside gently too. They are made to be used in rain, so should be able to take some light washing inside as well.

Chris
 
Special soap is sold for washing pressure stockings. It is very mild and devoid of many of the harmful chemicals present in regular laundry detergent. I use it for things like this where I am not certain about whether or not I will cause damage.

I'm not suggesting that is harmless to use on any material/item. Just something for you to look in to.
 
Hand Wash: Put the gloves on your hands and submerge them in lukewarm water. Use a small amount of Nikwax Tech Wash, mild soap flakes, or specialty cleaner. Gently rub the outside to clean them, then take them off to wash the inside without flipping them inside out. [1, 2]
Restore Water Repellency (DWR): If water stops beading up on the outer fabric once dry, apply a pump spray or wash-in water repellent like Nikwax
 
Back
Top Bottom