Suits How to travel with a SUIT and dress clothes on a smaller bike

Bike
07 Yamaha FJR1300AE
I miss the luggage on my ST1300! :(
Next week I need to travel out of state for both a wedding and a funeral on the same weekend. I will be traveling alone, so I intend to ride the VStrom since it's the only road bike I have right now.
The stock Suzuki side bags and trunk are about half the size of the ST1300 luggage.
With the limited storage space I have available, I don't know how to pack my dress clothes, dress shoes and dark suit for travel. It will be squashed before I get there. The luggage is semi-waterproof but I also need to plan for sour weather.

I will be staying with family, so there is no need to carry additional camping gear. I'll be traveling in my normal riding gear but carrying the dress clothes... somehow. The suit coat is the biggest issue.
Any recommendations?

Bike
2007 ST1300
Since you're staying with family, pack your dress attire neatly and ship it UPS ground or similar. I've done this in the past and it worked out great. In addition I enjoyed the ride without worrying about not ruffling the clothes.

Bike
ST1300A
Since you're staying with family, pack your dress attire neatly and ship it UPS ground or similar. I've done this in the past and it worked out great. In addition I enjoyed the ride without worrying about not ruffling the clothes.
+1, I've used FEDEX in the same fashion. It helps to hang the jacket and pants separately in dry cleaner bags, the little 'shuffle-lube' helps keep out wrinkles. Put your privy's in a separate bag so they won't be loose when the recipient opens up the box and hangs your stuff up when it arrives.

I would have suggested the shipping route too but since that is not an option, I would pack it as best I could and find a dry cleaner at the other end to press it within whatever time frame you need.

Not much by way of options otherwise.

Top Bottom