Armor I Got Bohn Armor For Free!

Bike
2004 ST1300A
I'm usually not one to do reviews or product endorsements, but I'll make an exception for the Bohn Armor Pants.
I have read about these for a while and was intrigued, but being a cheap and grouchy old bastard I knew I would never buy any.
Then one day while browsing through a forum called next door, unbelievably, I see a posting for a set of Bohn Armor Pants for free. Short story long, I relieved said former rider of his burden and scooted home before he changed his mind. The pants were nearly new, no wear at all. They washed up great and after a few head-scratching minutes I figured out where all the armor went. They are a size large - I am 5'10", 32" inseam, and tipping the scales at a personal high of 180 lbs. The large fits great and the best thing about them is the armor stays put. My riding pants came with armor only at the knees and were usually just hanging around close to my knees instead of being properly positioned. I had little confidence it would do its job if needed.
The Bohn Armor pants are a lightweight stretchy material and hugs your legs so the armor does not move. I usually forget I have them on they are so comfortable to ride in, but I wouldn't want to wear them all day at work. They will not provide any abrasion resistance, but that's not the purpose. They are basically long underwear with armor pockets. I just took the knee armor out of my riding pants, and wear the Bohn armor underneath and find that to be very comfortable. You can also wear them under jeans or other pants and they fit snugly enough to not look odd under normal clothing. I'm thinking next winter I might try lined work type jeans over them.
I have ridden some short rides, (an hour or so in traffic) when it was in the mid 80sF and was not uncomfortable, but I think 90+ and humidity might be a problem. I'll find out as summer progresses. Bohn Armor does make mesh pants and shirts for hot weather and that might be a better option for those in hot climates.
Would I spend $180.00 USD for these pants? Nope, but as stated above, I am a cheap bastard. For free? Absolutely. They really are a quality product and are easy to live with.
I'd love to have the matching shirt, but so far, I've not found anyone that is giving one away.:rofl1:

the Ferret

Daily rider since May 1965
Bike
21 NC750 14 CB1100
2024 Miles
Can't argue with the price. A bargain for sure.

Bike
VStrom 650
I'm usually not one to do reviews or product endorsements, but I'll make an exception for the Bohn Armor Pants.
I have read about these for a while and was intrigued, but being a cheap and grouchy old bastard I knew I would never buy any.
Then one day while browsing through a forum called next door, unbelievably, I see a posting for a set of Bohn Armor Pants for free. Short story long, I relieved said former rider of his burden and scooted home before he changed his mind. The pants were nearly new, no wear at all. They washed up great and after a few head-scratching minutes I figured out where all the armor went. They are a size large - I am 5'10", 32" inseam, and tipping the scales at a personal high of 180 lbs. The large fits great and the best thing about them is the armor stays put. My riding pants came with armor only at the knees and were usually just hanging around close to my knees instead of being properly positioned. I had little confidence it would do its job if needed.
The Bohn Armor pants are a lightweight stretchy material and hugs your legs so the armor does not move. I usually forget I have them on they are so comfortable to ride in, but I wouldn't want to wear them all day at work. They will not provide any abrasion resistance, but that's not the purpose. They are basically long underwear with armor pockets. I just took the knee armor out of my riding pants, and wear the Bohn armor underneath and find that to be very comfortable. You can also wear them under jeans or other pants and they fit snugly enough to not look odd under normal clothing. I'm thinking next winter I might try lined work type jeans over them.
I have ridden some short rides, (an hour or so in traffic) when it was in the mid 80sF and was not uncomfortable, but I think 90+ and humidity might be a problem. I'll find out as summer progresses. Bohn Armor does make mesh pants and shirts for hot weather and that might be a better option for those in hot climates.
Would I spend $180.00 USD for these pants? Nope, but as stated above, I am a cheap bastard. For free? Absolutely. They really are a quality product and are easy to live with.
I'd love to have the matching shirt, but so far, I've not found anyone that is giving one away.:rofl1:
I'd have thought you'd have haggled on the price.
You can't be that big of a cheap b.....d.
Good find Grumps.
Upt'North.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
Free! Well done.
They do look like a good piece of kit.

Top Bottom