I Just Pulled The Trigger!!!!!!!

ST1300 Alicia

aka GSA Girl & KLR Girl
Site Supporter
Bike
BMW R1200GSA
:D I Just Pulled The Trigger on a new 2010 BMW R1200GS Adventure. I bought the Premium Package with ABS, Heated Grips, Enduro ESA, On Board Computer, Fog Lights, Saddle Bag Mounts, BMW Aluminum Boxes and Enduro Transmission. It wasn't Cheap, But the Kool-Aid was really Sweet. I test drove the R1200RT and I really like the way it rides but It's a lot of money compared to the ST1300 and the Panniers are smaller. The RT just didn't talk to me like the GS Adventure did. The New Double Overhead Cam Engine is Really Sweet. It took Two and a Half Years to settle everything with the Insurance Company and now Life Moves On. I think I'm going to put a Givi E-55 Maxia Top Box on my Adventure. The BMW Pannier Lids Come Off so there won't be any problems with access. I've already ridden 100 miles and I'm waiting for the next Good Day that I don't work. Nine Gallon Fuel Tank and 162 Liters of storage. Lets Ride.

That's awesome! That's what I am planning on getting for my next bike.....currently saving my pennies.....

But........................

:worthless

:D Enjoy!!

What the... no pics?!?

Wowzer that's a nice bike! There's a write up in this month's Motorcyclist magazine on that one, I didn't get to read it yet.

Congrats!

sbB

Wow!Sounds like a really great scoot but now I gotta search it up to see what it looks like.Congrats!Please post pics when you have.:)

Big Ol' GONGRATZ!! That has got to be some kinda awesome ride!!

Also glad to hear you can now put that insurance haggling crap behind you & "Just ride"

Have fun Alicia.

Oh Yeah.... did anyone mention, we need pics?

I did long test rides with on both the 2010 RT and GSA. BOth are great bikes.
Still waiting for the news on the VFRST variant!

Grats Alicia :D. Just got two questions: Final price for the GSA, and the name of your ST's insurance company. 2 1/2 years to settle seems....unreasonable....

Grats Alicia :D. Just got two questions: Final price for the GSA, and the name of your ST's insurance company. 2 1/2 years to settle seems....unreasonable....

Progressive Insurance and it cost me $200K :money1: :eek: in legal fees to get them to settle on my Uninsured Motorist Claim. The Kid went to prison and is doing 7.5 years. Never any question about fault.
They (Progressive) made it clear from the beginning that they were going to make it very expensive for me to get a settlement. They made us an offer and told us there was more money available, but we would have to see them in court to get it. Still reviewing the options for a Bad Faith Lawsuit. The Kid and Idiots like him are why I carry a Half a Mill in UM.

New R1200GS Adventure Loaded OTD $24K. Yup, thats deep into Goldwing Territory. I liked the RT but at $22K OTD I would have bought a Wing. The GSA looks and feels like a motorcycle and besides that there are Whole Clubs Dedicated to Farkling. I did get the Sport Touring Option Package so I will still be active in this forum.

wow,,,,Progressive is what Lois and I are using on our bikes..:eek:. Lois is asking: How to we as a woman ride a bike with a seat height of 35 or so inches? Must be a reason why she's asking,,,,:eek:...:D

C'mon Alicia, I'm as excited as the next rider for you, but we're waiting for pictures of this gorgeous new bike. Congratulations on getting this phase of your life behind you. Enjoy that new ride of yours, and for goodness sakes, post some pics!!! ...and bring it to Tent-STOC and show it off...!!!

Congrats on getting a great bike !:bow1:
I think I would go ahead and spring for the BMW top case to match those side cases tho !:D

I'll post pictures when I can. Right now I'm too busy riding. I bought a Givi E-55 Maxia top case because it's bigger @ 55L than the system cases. It's wider than the BMW top box and it will hold longer stuff like tent poles. The BMW System Side Box Lids come off so the Give Top Box won't interfere with Access. Sleeping Bag always goes on top of Top Box in a Waterproof Stuff Sack.

Back
Top Bottom