I made the leap, so long ST....

Great looking bike and kids!

I think you might want to have him wait a bit before he's in the front seat though...

I think you might want to have him wait a bit before he's in the front seat though...

Ah..... he's taller than Danny................ I know because Danny is taller than I am.

Sweet new ride! Did you get the matching whale foreskin riding suit??

Annette and I sat on one at the IMC. The staff had to come around with a towel and wipe up the drool after we got off....

Did you get the matching whale foreskin riding suit??

Ha, no just a normal t-shirt. It is funny how much of a crowd they attract so far in 400 miles I have had 2 people pull up beside me at freeway speeds :eek: and thumbs up or take pictures.

Ha, no just a normal t-shirt. It is funny how much of a crowd they attract so far in 400 miles I have had 2 people pull up beside me at freeway speeds :eek: and thumbs up or take pictures.

Those weren't thumbs and the pictures were promptly send to the local authorities.

Knowing the way you tend to ride, me thinks the Superman tat will come in handy, my my such a sweet ride, congrats, who will be next? Where to first? When you going ,huh, huh,huh

Nice Danny! Did Booger try to show you the secret handshake? Don't fall for it....it will leave your hands tingling. DAMHIK
Congrats,
Mike

Well, we are already planning something for next weekend maybe in the AR area. If we swing thru Tom I'll call you. One thing is for sure after neck surgeries this upright seating position is a welcome change on my shoulders, I guess I really never put two and two together when riding before you just get used to a little discomfort. Or maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase and oblivious :)

Knowing the way you tend to ride, me thinks the Superman tat will come in handy, my my such a sweet ride, congrats, who will be next? Where to first? When you going ,huh, huh,huh

[quote;1635672]The question i have is do you actually know what every button on that thing does? Congrats[/quote]
You must be thinking of a Goldwing. Only buttons are on leftside & they are for the radio. Now pairing your headset,phone,GPS to the bike:hyp1:

Ok so my bike is in for it's first service so I retrieved my ST to ride back to work while the GTL is pampered. This gave me a great opportunity to compare them back to back. I am trying to compare fair points of view because to me the BMW is a 10 year newer technology bike so some things just aren't fair to compare.

1. The ST FEELS much smaller I am not for sure about the physical dimensions but you definitely sit "in" the GTL and on the ST so it feels smaller. They are equivalent for slow speed maneuvering to me.
2. The ST is a quieter bike the exhaust and engine are not as loud BUT, the GTL is very, very good loud :)
3. The GTL dash is way better looking (no orange death color) and provides more information but not all at once. I don't like having to scroll thru menu's to see avg fuel and temp. Why not display them all at once like the ST?
4. The GTL rides way better and feels so much more planted. This is not a fair comparison between new electronic suspension and 10 year old springs on the ST. But the ride is so much more configurable it's unbelievable.
5. The GTL is longer and less prone to stand up in lower gears, although it certainly will. Yes I love that about the ST don't get me wrong but I was always worried about over throttle in corners and lifting the front end.
6. The GTL can be driven like a diesel with NO complaints, meaning, it loves 1-3k RPM's in higher gears with NO driveline chatter it just goes from any RPM.
7. The GTL would be next to impossible to do any type of roadside repair (in my opinion) our ST's are just simple motorcycles and easy to work on.
8. I know for a fact the GTL is at LEAST 20 mph top end and considerably quicker.
9. The GTL fueling is spot on, no weird throttle tip in or flat spots. It feels generically perfect I mean absolutely smooth as a sewing machine.

These are just a few "motorcycle related" items I think you could compare between the two bikes. Things such as all the electronic wizardry are very appealing to me but I realize not to others. The BMW inline 6 is unbelievable to listen to there are very few other sounds that are such a turn on. If anyone has ever been to Indy or around a wound tight F1 car this is the sound. The great thing is it rides so, so easy even slow. When going supersonic it is just as appealing.

[QUOTE;1638146]mmmmm, don't know why you are trying to justify this to us[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you're joking but if not I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I'm not justifying anything just comparing the two bikes, several members are contemplating buying the very same bike so I posted in the BMW section of this website. My ST was the best bike I have ever owned, until now (my opinion).

Thanks Danny, appreciate the comparison. Keep em coming.

Back
Top Bottom