Idle mixture screw o-ring

Bought four sets of Tourmax carburetor repair kit cab-h51 and was surprised to see that they don´t include the small o-ring for the idle mixture screw. My old o-rings look a bit flattened, and now I wonder where to source four new ones. Anyone knows the dimensions, I have trouble getting accurate readings of my existing (flattened) o-rings? Or can I restore my old o-rings, like for example dip them in silicone grease? Anyone got any advice or o-ring sources?

I have a european ST1100 (Pan European) with a cross-patterned mixture screw instead of the d-shaped US version. Are the o-rings the same? I would guess so, but I don´t know.

I also bought 4 repair kits for my VF1000F from the same site (not Tourmax branded ones though), and those seem to include a similar sized o-ring. Anyone know if they are identical, so I can steal/borrow the VF ones for the ST?

Bike
91 ST1100
STOC #
K&L Supply has a KEIHIN Carburetor O-Ring Shop Kit (#18-4600) listed. The kit includes the Idle Mixture Screw Washers (#18-0055) which go between the O-ring and the carb body. The shown dimensions for the washers are: 1mm x 3mm x 5mm. Since the mixture screw passes through the o-ring and washer, you could probably use the #18-4606 O-rings in the kit since they are 3.2mm ID x 1.1mm thick. try measuring the O-rings for your VF100F and see if the K&L kit/site has a match. You can probably order any size o-ring in the kit separately. I have used their carb parts several times with no problems. The material and production quality are on par with the OEM parts.

Bike
R1200rt
soak them is brake fluid over night maybe before moving them, just so you dont damage them. They may not become round again but it should bring some of the elasticity back, depending on how bad they are.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Anyone got any advice or o-ring sources?
Any source will require the ID, ring thickness, and OD, or any two of those dimensions. That said, I have used The O-Ring Store. They ship fast and the selection is incredible. Unfortunately, they are located in the USA. Amazon has the usual "250 assorted o-rings in a plastic box" for a few bucks (krona?)*. You will find one less than the number of correctly sized o-rings that you need, and all the rest will never be used. You might try googling "o-rings" to find a vendor in your country.

*are krona related to the virus?

OP
OP
Krona and corona is thankfully not directly connected, but I have seen that when one emerges the other dives (sort of). And we don't harvest our krona from bats either. :)

I found some nitrile 3x1 mm o-rings locally that seems to seal nicely. Will see how they stand up to ethanol-mixed fuel.

Top Bottom