I'm not a mechanic, but....

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I think you’d find it much easier if you placed the seat mounting bracket in the rear service position, and also you said you have handlebar risers, which means the rod you removed from under the seat won’t fit as designed etc.

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
I think you’d find it much easier if you placed the seat mounting bracket in the rear service position, and also you said you have handlebar risers, which means the rod you removed from under the seat won’t fit as designed etc.
I had not thought about adjusting the seat bracket... which also is a MCL riser unit. I'll check that out next time. The rod still fits into a couple of slots and holds the tank up alright, just maybe not as intended.

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
With the ST1300 filter, it's easy to write the installation date and mileage on the metal top using a Sharpie as a reminder. Leave room for recording each inspection date too where you decided not to replace!

Can do the same with the oil filter, but a paint marker (white) works best.

FYI...

Nice video @Jim C-G !

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
With the ST1300 filter, it's easy to write the installation date and mileage on the metal top using a Sharpie as a reminder. Leave room for recording each inspection date too where you decided not to replace!
@Jim C-G !
It's a lot easier to write it in a spreadsheet... don't have to bend down to check it. ;)

v8-7

Site Supporter
Liked your video.
Maybe it's just me, but I find it easier to remove the front seat bracket ( 5 easy bolts ) and disconnect the fuel hose ( top tank must be empty ). Gives me easier access to the all the screws and don't drop as many that way .

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
With the ST1300 filter, it's easy to write the installation date and mileage on the metal top
I used to do that with the K&N filter. Getting too far between maintenance in time but not kms. I do have a notebook where I keep trip and maintenance notes. I find it better than a spreadsheet on a USB drive but I should start using a phone app. I am never without my phone it seems.

OP
OP
Jim C-G
Bike
ST1300A '05
STOC #
Gives me easier access to the all the screws and don't drop as many that way .
I seem to be able to get in to the screws easily and seeing that I do my major maintenance on the bike when it's coming out of storage, it usually has a full tank of winter gas and stabilizer in it. I thought I had lost more screws, but 2 in 15 years isn't bad. I may have a few screws loose but it seems I really haven't lost many.

Top Bottom