Incoming R1200RT, outgoing ST1300

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Colour me excited!
Just bought a 2013 RT!
Looked at it back in July but it needed rear drive seals replaced. Didn’t feel like the right time.
Stopped by the dealer today because it was raining buckets and I needed a pick me up.
Lo and behold it was still there.
Reason it was still there is because over the past six months the dealership has been in the process of moving so was in major upheaval.
Way too many bikes so they gave me $2000 off what it was listed for in the summer.
Super bonus is that the previous owner installed Ohlins suspension after buying it new but removed them when he traded it in. So it has basically new ESA suspension.
Has had the 90,000 km service done, rear drive service, new brakes, tires and all fluids changed.

Sad to see the ST go but I was really struggling with its weight :(
2013_R1200RT.jpeg

Bike
R1200rt
Colour me excited!
Just bought a 2013 RT!
Looked at it back in July but it needed rear drive seals replaced. Didn’t feel like the right time.
Stopped by the dealer today because it was raining buckets and I needed a pick me up.
Lo and behold it was still there.
Reason it was still there is because over the past six months the dealership has been in the process of moving so was in major upheaval.
Way too many bikes so they gave me $2000 off what it was listed for in the summer.
Super bonus is that the previous owner installed Ohlins suspension after buying it new but removed them when he traded it in. So it has basically new ESA suspension.
Has had the 90,000 km service done, rear drive service, new brakes, tires and all fluids changed.

Sad to see the ST go but I was really struggling with its weight :(
2013_R1200RT.jpeg
Nice! check out this site for info https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Looks good! This post jogged my memory :rolleyes:, sorry for forgetting to get the seat height to you last week. Hope we will soon have the weather that will make it easy to enjoy the new toy.

OP
OP
DavidR8

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Looks good! This post jogged my memory :rolleyes:, sorry for forgetting to get the seat height to you last week. Hope we will soon have the weather that will make it easy to enjoy the new toy.
No worries mate.
I’m on Vancouver Island so still riding weather here :)

Last edited:

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Sweet ride!
I would guess the 2k discount didn't hurt your feelings, either.
Does this one include factory cruise control?

Top Bottom