Is Anyone Pulling A Tent Trailer w/There ST?

DAD

07 - R1200GS
Clarkesville, Ga. The Mountains, Just South of Hea
Am thinking of buying another ST and then buying a tent trailer to pull rather than using the R1200GS. I would like to know how the ST pulls a Bunkhouse or Leesure Lite trailer? Also would like to get any feedback on which to buy and why?

I pulled my Bunkhouse with my ST and put over 7,000 miles on them with absolutely no problems. I had a Unigo hitch on the ST. It took a bit more RPMs on starting out than without, but stopping wasn't bad. Gene McCall has the Lil B Camper he pulled to AK and all over Canada with an 1100 and a sidecar. If I was going solo, I would look into that rather than a full sized Bunkhouse.

Am thinking of buying another ST and then buying a tent trailer to pull rather than using the R1200GS. I would like to know how the ST pulls a Bunkhouse or Leesure Lite trailer? Also would like to get any feedback on which to buy and why?

Hey Dad,

If you do decide to buy a small pop-up, I have one I am thinking about selling.

The previous owner pulled behind a motorcyle. It is a Combi-Camp and is very similar to a Leesure-Lite.

similar to this one

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/medium/2453785.jpg

I pull a Bunkhouse behind my ST. It pulls fine and I've had no problems. Just keep in mind you need to plan ahead and allow a lot more stopping time.

good luck!

Back
Top Bottom