Itchy Boots

Bike
2010 ST1300A
but why do people doing roads like that think a 110hp bike is the right tool for the job???
Depends on the rider and the pace. But in her case, yes she would have done much better on the CRF300. I'm sure she is of the same opinion. I doubt she will buy a Desert X!

but why do people doing roads like that think a 110hp bike is the right tool for the job?
For lack of a better phrase, these are "show people" and most get kickbacks and freebies for naming products. But that's my guess.

If the guy is such a good friend of Noraly's, you'd think he knows her bike habits ... and a 110hp bike that's a bit too tall is not for her.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Noraly sure enjoys these guys, and clearly is great friends with Charly (her spelling). For someone who has such a great time with them, its a mystery to me why she goes off alone for months at a time, barely connecting with people. He's a handsome fellow. She picked well.

I will add, that I don't get blasting along at high speeds on such gnarly trails. When I did that following my buddies on the MABDR (small potatoes compared to what they are doing) I was concentrating on the road ahead of me. Went on some magnificent National Forest roads and all I saw was a few tens of yards in front of me. After I separated off, and was able to ride more slowly, I could smell the roses (so to speak), enjoy the scenery, and then I had a wonderful time. Really rough, rocky roads don't do it for me. Ride your own ride!

Maybe I'm just too old a fart.

Bike
2010 ST1300
*Charley* Sinewan.
This dude will never be a pilot. Riding off on a bike fresh out of a major rally/race with blown front shocks? Checklists? Taking Noraly on such rough trails on an unfamiliar bike? (Sure she did well, but she also could have gotten hurt). Oh to be young and invulnerable. But we don't have to put up with him for more than a few minutes at a time. He is Noraly's choice.

OP
OP
kiltman

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Noraly is always up for a challenge and Carlos is definitely a challenge, and she seems to put him in his place without hesitation. I do watch his videos, for the most part I find them entertaining. He recently lost his editor for his videos and he took it rather hard, so the timing of him returning to Spain, and Noraly needing a break from the rainy season seems coincidental.
I have noticed on his channel he does rely on others to maintain his bikes for him whereas Noraly, if given the opportunity is at the mechanics side getting her hands dirty on the project at hand.
There is history between the Dutch and the Spanish and I’m pleased my countrymen have been able to separate themselves from the Spaniards some hundreds of years ago. ;)

No tools? really? 4 off road riders and no tools to fix a flat?!?!

And to answer the title, no, it's not for you :) It took 3 folks to right-side the bike.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
No tools? really? 4 off road riders and no tools to fix a flat?!?!
On ADVrider there was a brief mention of her friend Charly somewhere, and he's got a small feature on the RevIt! website as a sponsor-ee. The ADV'ers were commenting that for a quasi-accomplished offroad racer, it seemed odd that Charly would go for a trail ride just after completing a tough race -- without even checking out his bike or doing any maintenance at all. Basic stuff like fork seals? And some other situation that wasn't addressed after his race.
I dunno, don't know him or follow him, but that doesn't seem smart, given his familiarity with motorbikes.

Bike
2010 ST1300
On ADVrider there was a brief mention of her friend Charly somewhere, and he's got a small feature on the RevIt! website as a sponsor-ee. The ADV'ers were commenting that for a quasi-accomplished offroad racer, it seemed odd that Charly would go for a trail ride just after completing a tough race -- without even checking out his bike or doing any maintenance at all. Basic stuff like fork seals? And some other situation that wasn't addressed after his race.
I dunno, don't know him or follow him, but that doesn't seem smart, given his familiarity with motorbikes.
As I said, this guy, as personable as he is, should not go for a pilot's license.

Sunday Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
I haven’t watched since the last Africa episode and will wait until she returns there. Not sure why I lost interest once she left there. Enjoying the different points of view expressed here though.

I guess we’re off to the Dinaric rally in Croatia on a KTM 350 EXC
I assume you "know something" (?)

I checked the entry list, no Noraly. Using an assumed name entry maybe? I found this as the closest match:

98, Maaike Mille, Netherlands, RallyM2, KTM, Women

Last edited:
Bike
ST1100X
STOC #
Just put 'Maaike' into a Dutch translator and it comes out 'Lyndon' in English - of Lyndon Poskitt fame maybe..... Don't ask me how it did that, it seems very odd!

It doesn't work the other way round.......

Top Bottom