J.I.S. Screwdrivers From McMaster-Carr

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
They sure look a lot like these. Different color, but same design.

If I did not have the set I linked, I would get the one from McMaster.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I have a couple of the Vessel brand screwdrivers, which as Kevin said look like what you're asking about, and they are very high quality, I recommend them.

They offer various lengths and sizes, the McMaster reference is pretty vague as to which ones they are. Do a web search on Vessel and you should see their lineup.

Bike
2014 FJR 1300 ES
When I worked for a living I bought a lot of things from McMaster-Carr. I don't remember getting anything other than first class from them.

OP
OP
Andrew Shadow

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
a little pricey
Partly why I am asking. Cannot tell from the McMaster-Carr write-up who makes them- could be vessel for all we know. The McMaster-Carr set is cheaper and I don't have to pay for shipping from them so if they are Vessel it is good to know. If they aren't Vessel that is also fine as long as they are a good quality tool. It would be good if someone who has used the McMaster-Carr J.I.S. screwdriver would chime in and let us know about them.

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
When I worked for a living I bought a lot of things from McMaster-Carr. I don't remember getting anything other than first class from them.
I still work for a living, and buy from McMaster, and only have gotten quality.

If they are not Vessel, then someone is doing a great knock off. The tip is of a different material, shaft knurled at the handle and the inlay on the handle is the same. They are marketed as JIS and that is what you want for a good fit on the ST cross point screws. I would not hesitate in buying them. I am so sure, I would trade my 4 pc Vessel for the 3 pc one.

Bike
2010 Honda NT700V
McMaster Carr, three screwdrivers w/no shipping, is $11.38 a piece.
Eight JIS screwdrivers from Vessel including shipping to my zip 70809 is $11.75 piece........can't quibble too much over $0.37 per screwdriver.....I chose the Vessel set with the most variety for the work I do on my bikes and cars.
YMMV

OP
OP
Andrew Shadow

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
McMaster Carr, three screwdrivers w/no shipping, is $11.38 a piece.
Eight JIS screwdrivers from Vessel including shipping to my zip 70809 is $11.75 piece........can't quibble too much over $0.37 per screwdriver.....YMMV
Except for the fact that I don't pay shipping from McMaster-Carr and RRR Tools Solutions wants $38.00 US to ship these screwdrivers to me- that is more than the cost of the whole set from McMaster-Carr.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I have that set, ordered from McMaster-Carr...they are indeed Vessel products (at least mine are).

Top Bottom