J&M products from Clays Radio Shop

I have received much valuable information from the members on this forum. I became a member several months back and intend on becoming a lifetime member. I appreciate the information and feedback. I added the J&M radio system to my ST1300 in November and was so impressed that I became a dealer for the product line. I own Clays Radio Shop and have been in the two way radio business for 25 years. My company specializes in everything related to communications. We offer sales, service and repair including custom installation. ST-owners.com members will receive a 5% discount off our pricing on the J&M product line on a permanent basis. We are offering extremely competitive pricing and backing the product line in order to eliminate the possibility of buyer?s remorse.

We are now a J&M master dealer. We are stocking a majority of the J&M product line. If we don't have what you are looking for on our web site, we can get it at very competitive pricing. The J&M communication system can be incorporated into your bike's existing radio system, or added as a complete stand-alone system. This product will blow you away. It is a high-end system that will perform to your expectations. Guaranteed! We guarantee that if you are not satisfied with the quality and sound of this system, we will buy it back. We give you 30 days from the date of purchase to install and check it out. If you are not completely satisfied with the system we will take it back, with no questions asked. That's confidence in a product. If you find the system you have purchased at a lower price, we will refund the difference. We give you 30 days after the sale to shop around. If you find a verifiable delivered price on a new system lower than our price, we will refund the difference. Now that is taking care of your customers! Check us out on the web at www.claysradioshop.com

I've been looking at comm systems and leaning towards CB and away from FRS for extended range and greater compatibility with more vehicles. J&M is high on my list.

Was hoping the Integratr would be a CB-based unit but from what I've read, that's not the case. So I'm scouting the JMCB-2003, mounting bracket, license plate mount CB antenna kit with 3' antenna staff, 6 pin lower cords (2), and headsets, full face (2). I'd love to get a quote from you for this equipment. Please feel to PM me. Thanks!

Ken from my experience the license plate bracket won't work on the ST1300, need some bending etc to clear, also when tire change comes you need to remove the rear fender portion that the plate is attached to, just some food for thought. Danny:biker:

Thanks for the heads-up Danny. Are there any alternatives you would suggest?

HO, any feedback you have would be great. Thanks!

Alternate antennas

Sir consider the Firestik DS-14 or the E-30 NGP. Neither requires a ground and may be more suitable especially if you have the top box. The top box will be in the way of the license plate mounted antenna.

Click on the link for the antenna page.

http://www.claysradioshop.com/jm_products_antenna_system.html

Just to give you the heads up, J&M is producing an adapter for CB use with the IntegratR. They were having problems integrating a CB but have now worked the bugs out. The item should be on the market within a few weeks.

dannyk said:
Ken from my experience the license plate bracket won't work on the ST1300, need some bending etc to clear, also when tire change comes you need to remove the rear fender portion that the plate is attached to, just some food for thought. Danny:biker:
I have the same bracket. Its real simple to make it work if you do not have the top box. I simply just bent it in a vise to give it a 90 degree bend and then slightly upright to level the antenna out. Here is a picture.
bracketweb.jpg

Hyper-O,

I am considering the purchase of the J&M cb unit. I'm a little confused (big surprise) about which headset I have to get. Could you please supply me with J&M numbers or point to which headsets I have to choose from when making a purchase. I'll be using a flip-front helmet so hopefully that will help you with a recomendations.

Your website shows three lines of headsets in the upper, middle and budget lines. Can I use any of these?

Thanks in advance for your response, and ride safe.

SpEd said:
Hyper-O,

I am considering the purchase of the J&M cb unit. I'm a little confused (big surprise) about which headset I have to get. Could you please supply me with J&M numbers or point to which headsets I have to choose from when making a purchase. I'll be using a flip-front helmet so hopefully that will help you with a recomendations.

Your website shows three lines of headsets in the upper, middle and budget lines. Can I use any of these?

Thanks in advance for your response, and ride safe.
The install your usin now not what you expected?

Littlejohn64 said:
The install your usin now not what you expected?

I used it a lot (or tried to) this past weekend on a trip to Mena, AR. It didn't work as well as I would like. I guess I'm spoiled by my Wings.

In any event, I'm working on getting some communications that is acceptable to me. I love the way the Starcom plays my tunes either via my AM/FM, MP3, or XM connections and having the adjustable volume is as slick as my adjustable shield as far as I'm concerned. I'm just lacking CB capabilities, and I have to have them to ride with Rick this summer. Maybe I'm just transferring my seat fetish for a comm unit fetish. :D

Wanna buy a Starcom? LMAO!

What about the sound quality???

Thanks for the reply. I pulled the trigger on the unit, and am shopping for headsets now. Are you happy with the sound quality of the music you're listening to, or could it be better?

Thanks again, and ride safe.

Thanks for your input Tim. I spoke on the phone with Ed at EdSets today and ordered a headset from him wired so I could use my own speaker and such. Great guy and his prices were competitive with J&M. I'll provide an update once I get my J&M unit installed early this summer.

Thanks again, and ride safe.

Back
Top Bottom