Jim AKA fnmag

We were at RockSToc1 so we may have met, online he was the most positive member with never failing to give encouragement to others. Jim will be missed.

Jim was great guy to sit around a campsite and just listen to what he had to tell about what he did in his lifetime.

Jim was also a FCC licensed Extra Class (highest class) Amateur Radio Operator.

Rest in peace Jim. I'm going to have a ride in your honor today and I'll stop somewhere and release a mag for you. I don't have a fnmag so I hope a 44 will do.

Last edited:
A number of years ago, Jim stayed at my house, here in Murrieta for a TecSTOC I was having. I replaced his stuck thermostat for him. He was truly a great guy!

The morning Coffee thread just won't be the same! He will be missed!

RIP Jim (fnmag) :(

And, thank you Larry for checking on him for us!

Last edited:
I only knew Jim through his numerous postings, but it is clear that he was well liked. May he rest in peace.

Jim was an institution around here. Always welcoming new members and being a super-supportive guy on every post he could.

I'm sorry we never met in person.

I'll miss his posts.

A few facts about our friend:

He posted more times than anyone else on the board except @Mellow. Many of those posts were friendly welcomes to new members-- helping build and strengthen a community he obviously valued.
His posts generated more reactions than anyone else. I will venture to guess that they were vastly more "Like" or "HaHa" than anything else.
He was the most active Member of the Month.

In aggregate this tells me what we all already know: the board is a poorer place without him.

Last edited:
A few facts about our friend:

He has posted more times than anyone else on the board except @Mellow.
His posts generated more reactions than anyone else. I will venture to guess that they were vastly more "Like" or "HaHa" than anything else.
He was the most active Member of the Month.

In aggregate this tells me what we all already know: the board is a poorer place without him.
Hear Hear.
Ray.

Back
Top Bottom