Just a "Thank you!" to Articles/Technical Knowledge

Ryan_B

Site Supporter
Bike
2016 Honda ST1300PA
I suspect I am not alone in utilizing all of the articles for general maintenance, or searching for a problem that is a head scratcher for me, but has been covered extremely well. I just wanted to say a big "Thank you!" to everyone that has contributed and to the site and Admin for making everything so easily accessible. I don't post very often, but that is not because I am not active. Most questions I would ask have already been answered and I just have to find it.

In the last month I have utilized the articles to:
Replace the secondary master cylinder, bleed the brakes (thank you @jfheath for the articles and everyone that contributed).
Bleed the clutch
Oil Change
Rear Drive Oil

Also just used the forum for a "gas smell" that I experienced yesterday, found an answer in about 10 minutes (charcoal canister vent) - which is amazing.

I have a factory repair manual, but it so handy to search "what torque value for x" or what oil filter options are there available. I rarely pick up the service manual unless I don't have my cell phone handy to search the site.

Anyway, just a thank you to the unsung heroes who have done all the work and for those who keep it updated for me to search and find.

Ryan

Last edited:

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
The facebook culture of putting fingers to keyboard before engaging brain is a weird and worrying phenomenon. It's refreshing to see people on here doing the research for themselves.

Asking questions or making comments on here keeps the topics 'alive', and we like to read what people are doing, especially if they have pictures. Especially nice for people to come back with success stories, or do what you have done, simply to say thank you. It is much appreciated.

Writing a post, even if you have the answer, is a way of checking things out and ensuring that the information that you have obtained does not reproduce the errors and omissions that are scattered through the workshop manuals.

Hmm. Can you scatter an omission ?

I'm sure Terry Pratchett would have invented such a character. Tippek - a shady character that goes around with a shoulder bag full of omissions which he scatters around randomly. I know that he visits my garage - frequently putting an omission in the very location that I had placed something just two minutes ago.
When he speaks in the books, every third character is a space.

I certainly know of a similar character who makes sure that every article meets the required quota of unintentional errors. His name is Spelchek.

But I digress a little.

Last edited:
Top Bottom