Just joined ST-owners and saying hello

Bike
2002 ST1100
2024 Miles
Hi, my name is Mike and I joined the ST-owners forum this morning. At the end of March this year I decided to get another motorcycle, something I haven't had in about 7 years or so. After much reading online and YouTube videos I decided a "Sport Touring" type is what I needed, and the ST1100 was on the top of my list. Happily I found one locally, a 2002 with 42,000 miles on it. Looks well maintained, so I purchased it, and have put about 800 miles on since then. I like to do as much maintenance myself as possible, so here I am, getting ready to tap into the expertise of all of you.

No questions today, just setting up and saying HI while enjoying my coffee. Will spend some time familiarizing myself with the forum. Looking forward to the insight that resides here.

Mike

Howdy Mike, glad to have ya!

If you have not ridden in a few years, consider taking a refresher riding course.

Riding IS a perishable skill, so it's unlikely you'll be a good as you were back then.

If you join BMW MOA (yeah, I know, but you don't have to have a BMW to join), they will reimburse you up to $200 for a riding class.

And we really like pictures of motorcycles!

Thanks! This forum looks really good, I've been reading some random posts. Happy to see there are so many ST owners out there.

Howdy Mike, glad to have ya!

If you have not ridden in a few years, consider taking a refresher riding course.

Riding IS a perishable skill, so it's unlikely you'll be a good as you were back then.

If you join BMW MOA (yeah, I know, but you don't have to have a BMW to join), they will reimburse you up to $200 for a riding class.

And we really like pictures of motorcycles!

Thanks. I'll add a picture of my ST soon. I took a very careful approach to riding again, and allowed myself a lot of time to get back into form. My son is also into motorcycles, now his 3rd season riding. We are thinking of taking the classes at Road America, which isn't too far from us.

Hey hey. Welcome! When I was 60, I hadn't owned a bike in 15years. Bought my ST1300, 8 years later, still have a smile on my face. Please be safe. We value our sport touring riders here, lol.

Welcome to the group. Wisconsin has some nice riding areas. Check out the Delta Diner as it is a great area to ride in + it is a good ride to get to.

Welcome to the group. Wisconsin has some nice riding areas. Check out the Delta Diner as it is a great area to ride in + it is a good ride to get to.

Thanks! I do get out to Madison occasionally, but never heard of the Delta Diner. Will have to check it out.

Welcome , Took me 32 years to finally get a St1100 , when they came out had wife and Two beautiful daughters to support. Did have something to ride so wasn't to painfull. All I have to say it was worth the wait. Enjoy the Rides

Back
Top Bottom