Just saw my first 2008 BMW RT Police model

STOC #
On my way to work today the LEOs were all out in front of the local 7-Eleven I stop at by the office. One of the motor officers had a new BMW (L.A. County Sheriffs Dept.). The headlights look very similar to the ST1300's. I got the nickel tour around the bike What I noticed right away is that the side cases open from the top, they don't flip out like the ST or older BMWs. I was talking with the officer and he said BMW makes the top opening case for the Police bikes, and that it was created because of gripe about the ST and BMW cases opening to the side. He made some interesting observations (he has only a few hundred miles on the bike).
1. cases are great that they open to the top, but could be larger
2. seating position is not great for shorter riders
3. seating position is not so hot for sitting on the side of the road with a radar gun.
4. Bike is damn fast!
5. All in all, he prefers the old Kawasaki Police 1000's for seat comfort, carrying capacity and ease of getting on/off the bike.

skyboybry

Hi-Hi!
Bike
Sparkles
STOC #
I wonder who would win a street fist fight, Ponch's Kawasaki or Kitt, the car from Knight rider?

Oh great, now I won't be able to sleep until I find out.

OP
OP
tommyboy
STOC #
What I have found amazing is that the Kawi Police 1000 has been around since about 1978 virtually unchanged and is still beloved by alot of LEOs.

Top Bottom