Kansas weather

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Leaving for st louis tues to get my new ride. Ilm pretty worried about the kansas weather lately. Will b arriving (hopefully) to pagosa springs co.
Any advice on routes or weather?

Attachments

• IMG_3524.jpeg
    IMG_3524.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 26
Leaving for st louis tues to get my new ride. Ilm pretty worried about the kansas weather lately. Will b arriving (hopefully) to pagosa springs co.
Any advice on routes or weather?
Avoid dark swirling clouds :biggrin:

Congrats on your new ride. I rode one of those many moons ago when I had my ST. I found it to be more gentlemanly that I wanted at the time.
Mike

Avoid dark swirling clouds :biggrin:

Congrats on your new ride. I rode one of those many moons ago when I had my ST. I found it to be more gentlemanly that I wanted at the time.
Mike
Thanks. You do know, i eat with a napkin on my lap! Lotta weather out there. Wondering if i should head south and then west, adding ro my trip.

Well.. if you're getting REALLY good gas mileage.... close your eyes and pray...

Last couple of times I was out that way I took 34. There was always a crosswind. Don’t pass any gas station without filling up. I like the openness of it.

Last couple of times I was out that way I took 34. There was always a crosswind. Don’t pass any gas station without filling up. I like the openness of it.
HAHA you're joking right? You'd have to fill up about 700 times to cross the state on most roads if you filled at every station you see. It sure ain't Utah or Nevada, Plenty of gas stations about every 30 miles at most. Even Western KS has gas everywhere.

Are you sure you're thinking of the right state? HWY 34 in KS is only 29 miles long and runs N-S.

No suggestions on riding in MO Pop but 54 to 400 across KS is an option over the I70.

If the weather shows a giant red color forecast to covering half the state BELIEVE IT AND HEED IT. KS thunderstorms can do lots of damage.

HAHA you're joking right? You'd have to fill up about 700 times to cross the state on most roads if you filled at every station you see. It sure ain't Utah or Nevada, Plenty of gas stations about every 30 miles at most. Even Western KS has gas everywhere.

Are you sure you're thinking of the right state? HWY 34 in KS is only 29 miles long and runs N-S.

No suggestions on riding in MO Pop but 54 to 400 across KS is an option over the I70.

If the weather shows a giant red color forecast to covering half the state BELIEVE IT AND HEED IT. KS thunderstorms can do lots of damage.
Maybe it was 36? Point was the cross winds killed my mileage and had to fill up more than usual 250 mile per tank before the fuel light came on.

We have a saying in Missouri "Don't like the weather? Stick around, it'll change"
It's been wild spring this year. You will get wet. Seriously, watch the clouds. You'll be riding into the weather.

Just keep your eyes open, check the radar at every gas stop and adjust your path if you need to.
Im giving serious thought to zigging when i should zagg. Maybe heading south for a few hundred miles and turning right. Twice ive been thru what might have been a hurricane. Once in a tent, and my poles are still bent, and once on my red, which was blowing me everywhere in third gear. Not fun at all.

Im giving serious thought to zigging when i should zagg. Maybe heading south for a few hundred miles and turning right. Twice ive been thru what might have been a hurricane. Once in a tent, and my poles are still bent, and once on my red, which was blowing me everywhere in third gear. Not fun at all.
I would say head north then turn left... the current pattern will build more in the southern sections. Are you picking up the bike now?

I would say head north then turn left... the current pattern will build more in the southern sections. Are you picking up the bike now?
Tuesday. I expect to get little riding done as i have to plate, pack and organize the bike. The real riding starts Wednesday. Ill b watching the weather closely till then.

Tuesday. I expect to get little riding done as i have to plate, pack and organize the bike. The real riding starts Wednesday. Ill b watching the weather closely till then.
Awesome.. glad to see you'll be back on 2 wheels.

Back
Top Bottom