Keys and locksmithing : X265, HD109, special requests, etc.

Hello all - I'm a fairly new ST1300 rider, but I've owned a business selling key blanks (Motokeys) and doing locksmith work for many years.

I have most of the keys in stock you've read about in the various threads.

The key most of you will want is the plain metal X265/HD109. The best online price I've seen for those is about US $6.50 shipped (to US) for a pair so I will match that. Add $2 shipping to anywhere else in the world with a postal system.

I have plastic-head version that is $5.99 shipped (each) to the US. PM me for international rates.

Other products/services:
  • Originate new keys from a code (For HD109 these are codes J00-U39 or 8-digit 11111111-333333333).
  • Code work for most other applications.
  • 'Shorty' keys - I can provide a key to work in your bags and storage compartments that is a lot shorter than your ignition key.
  • Make a key from a photo of your working key. (Advice - take a photo of your working key before you lose the thing!)
  • Finding obscure keys for rare vehicles
  • Keys for other applications (home, cars, RVs, aircraft, etc)
  • Plastic-head keys
  • Keys for panniers/saddlebags
  • Padlocks that fit your house keys
EJay: I recently acquired an ST1300 and would like some extra keys. Nothing fancy and I have the key code. I can be reached at LAron@adelphia.net or by cell 805 551-7173 in Southern California.

Hi Ejay,
I recently replaced my left pocket lock on my 2007 ST1300 (key broke inside). It came with new keys, but I would much rather use one key for all and I would really don't want to change ignition, fuel tank and other locks.
If I send it in to you with an working original key (ignition) could you re-key (not sure if that's the term) it to my existing keys? I also should still have the original non working lock if that helps.
I would obviously pay for all the shipping + labor.
Thanks,
Mike

Hello all - I'm a fairly new ST1300 rider, but I've owned a business selling key blanks (Motokeys) and doing locksmith work for many years.

The key most of you will want is the plain metal X265/HD109. The best online price I've seen for those is about US $6.50 shipped (to US) for a pair so I will match that. Add $2 shipping to anywhere else in the world with a postal system.

I have plastic-head version that is $5.99 shipped (each) to the US. PM me for international rates.

Other products/services:
  • Originate new keys from a code (For HD109 these are codes J00-U39 or 8-digit 11111111-333333333).
  • 'Shorty' keys - I can provide a key to work in your bags and storage compartments that is a lot shorter than your ignition key.
  • Make a key from a photo of your working key. (Advice - take a photo of your working key before you lose the thing!)
  • Plastic-head keys
EJay

I am interested in some additional keys for my 2010 ST and I have the key number. I can be reached at LAron@adelphia.net or my cell 805 551-7173 in Southern California.

Hi Ejay,
I recently replaced my left pocket lock on my 2007 ST1300 (key broke inside). It came with new keys, but I would much rather use one key for all and I would really don't want to change ignition, fuel tank and other locks.
If I send it in to you with an working original key (ignition) could you re-key (not sure if that's the term) it to my existing keys? I also should still have the original non working lock if that helps.
I would obviously pay for all the shipping + labor.
Thanks,
Mike

I've not yet attempted that but I'm willing to try. I'll send you a private message.

a lot of older honda's had the code on the key, my '75 CB750, both '79's and both CT 70's have the code on the key. still can't find a blank for the CT 70's though

a lot of older honda's had the code on the key, my '75 CB750, both '79's and both CT 70's have the code on the key. still can't find a blank for the CT 70's though

Do you have a working key now? Send me the code if you have it. A lot of the hondas have the code on the lock face itself. If you can scare that up, there's a chance I have the key.
Was the CT70 the Trail 70? If so, I'll be at my inlaws tomorrow and I know he's got one begging to be restored, so I'll take a peek at it.

Last edited:
I would like to order a spare key for my ST1100 code C01 and would you have anything for a '70's CB?
I have a non original marked HD10 and with a DL in an oval above the code. Thanks, I'll pay shipping to Canada of course.
ST C01 key.jpgCB500 HD10 key.jpg

Do you have a working key now? Send me the code if you have it. A lot of the hondas have the code on the lock face itself. If you can scare that up, there's a chance I have the key.
Was the CT70 the Trail 70? If so, I'll be at my inlaws tomorrow and I know he's got one begging to be restored, so I'll take a peek at it.
yes it is, a 1970 CT 70 minitrail and a 1974 XL 70. both have key codes on the lock face, i'll see if i have a pic of the lock face cause the bikes are in my BF's garage for hibernation20200308_155403.jpg20200308_163140.jpg

I would like to order a spare key for my ST1100 code C01 and would you have anything for a '70's CB?
I have a non original marked HD10 and with a DL in an oval above the code. Thanks, I'll pay shipping to Canada of course.
View attachment 265930View attachment 265931

I have a plain metal that will work for the ST1100 in stock, but I'll need to order the HD10 so it will take a week or so. Private message me your email.

Other products/services:
  • Plastic-head keys
I could use a shorty key
To 14075

Randman thanks for getting back to me but i had one made at the local locksmith already. Sorry, time was of the essence.
Congrats on the PA. I putt 550 miles on mine b/4 winter. Taking it to Daytona on the 3rd. Can't wait to ride again. We have had snow on the ground last 45 days

Could you make a key for the 2017 Honda Africa Twin? I think it's called a pocket key.

Top Bottom