Kickstand Plate?

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Does anyone make a kickstand plate that can bolt onto the ST kickstand? I'm looking for a solution that would accomplish the same thing as this:

Thanks,
Curt

OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
CrazyKZ,
Are those gremlin commercials getting to you or what?
Congrats on the awards by the way.

Best,
Yes they are and thanks. I know what you're talking about.

On rallies you are parking in everything and I just want a simple solution. Maybe Earache could come up with one.

Curt

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
How about the cover for an electrical quad box on a string? Pull it out of the fairing pocket, drop it to the ground, and pull it in place. When you leave, stand the bike up, pull it up by the string and stash it away.

--Mark

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
Break out the welder and weld a small plate to the kick stand foot. I haven't done it yet, but I have done it on other bikes. Just make sure the stand can go all the way up to where it's supposed to go without hitting anything.

Ron

Last edited:

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Courtesy of an illustrious member of the Northeast community, a bunch of us have thin, strong, carbon fiber squares that fit perfectly in the right fairing pocket. A thin length of nylon string makes it easy to deploy and reel in.

Why does it need to be bolted/welded/stuck magentically to the side stand? Seems like a full-time solution to a once-in-a-while problem.

[100K! Go, man, go!]

OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Courtesy of an illustrious member of the Northeast community, a bunch of us have thin, strong, carbon fiber squares that fit perfectly in the right fairing pocket. A thin length of nylon string makes it easy to deploy and reel in.

Why does it need to be bolted/welded/stuck magentically to the side stand? Seems like a full-time solution to a once-in-a-while problem.

[100K! Go, man, go!]
It seems on a rally it's always an issue. You're parking along side a road in the shoulder again and again. So I want to bolt it on. Sorry. I'm anal.

Curt

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
I don't know if you're going to find anything to bolt on, Curt.

Like Ron said, your best bet is to take it to a welding shop and have someone fabricate a little plate and weld it on. Try to find a welder that's also a rider, they've probably done dozens of them. Don't know about 1300's but I've seen this done with several 1100's. Make sure they notch the plate correctly so your sidestand will go all the way up so the switch deploys.

Bike
ST1300 SOLD
STOC #
Had a thing called a "Duck Foot" on my 1500, there are still places around that sell them, not sure if it would work on the ST, but is a bolt on plate. I know Dr. Mudspringers has them. They have a website if you want to check on it.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Here's an idea: Get a pair of Weeboks, fill one with epoxy, sink the foot of the sidestand down into the bottom, and let the epoxy harden. But make sure it's a pair of blue ones. They're faster.

--Mark

jmcglash

JAFO
STOC #
I could cut out something like this for you if you like.

The full size is 1 inch larger that the original foot on all sides but it hits the lower plastic where I colored black but 3/4 inch larger looks safe. I will cut one out tonight and give it a try. I will take a picture of the result to post here. As long as you are ok with 16ga steel I should be able to make one for you if you like.

I have attached a scan of the cardboard mock up for folks to comment on.

Jim

Attachments

Bike
BMW GS
If someone (that'd be you, Curt) could post a picture of the kickstand with a close up of the existing foot, I'll mill out a piece of 1/4" or 3/8" stock in any shape you want. Just let me know the rough dimensions fo what you want.

I'll have a look at the kickstands at OHSTOC this weekend as well.

Eric

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
If someone (that'd be you, Curt) could post a picture of the kickstand with a close up of the existing foot, I'll mill out a piece of 1/4" or 3/8" stock in any shape you want. Just let me know the rough dimensions fo what you want.

Eric
I could bring mine down to you one evening if that would help.

OP
OP
crazykz

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #

Eric
Hey Eric,

I'll see what I can work out. I'm wondering how to fasten it. If I make two plates I could sandwich it like the other ones I've seen.

I'll look at it tonight.

Curt

Bike
BMW GS
Hey Eric,

I'll see what I can work out. I'm wondering how to fasten it. If I make two plates I could sandwich it like the other ones I've seen.

I'll look at it tonight.

Curt
That's pretty much what I was thinking; with the bottom plate having a recess milled into it for the kickstand foot to locate in. Just need to know what outside dimensions you want and I can do the rest

Landon - I'll see it this weekend. Might even have a prototype to test fit.

Eric

Bike
BMW GS
Can you make me one too?
I'll try.

I'm kinda far behind on making stuff for folks - it snowballs from making 2-3 parts into making 25 parts as people see the posts.

For now, I'll only make 2 of these. maybe more in the future when I get more time. I wanna ride some this summer!

Top Bottom