Jackets Klim Induction - experiences?

Bike
2014 ST1300
Seriously considering buying one for a summer mesh jacket. Has anyone owned one or have one? Pros v. cons? I'm a bit concerned about the armor that comes with it being weak particularly given the cost of the jacket. Thanks in advance.

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Have used one for a few years. I wouldn't say the D3O armor (which is a CE level 2 armor) is "weak" by any means. It's what used throughout most Klim motorcycle gear, and a lot of other brands, and I'd day its pretty stout armor.
The jacket vents very good. Only con (unless they changed the design since I bought mine) is the velcro system used to cinch the sleeves. It can come loose every now and then, due to the long tab that sits on the end of the velcro. Other than that, it is in my opinion a solid jacket.

OP
OP
Weaselinsuit
Bike
2014 ST1300
Have used one for a few years. I wouldn't say the D3O armor (which is a CE level 2 armor) is "weak" by any means. It's what used throughout most Klim motorcycle gear, and a lot of other brands, and I'd day its pretty stout armor.
The jacket vents very good. Only con (unless they changed the design since I bought mine) is the velcro system used to cinch the sleeves. It can come loose every now and then, due to the long tab that sits on the end of the velcro. Other than that, it is in my opinion a solid jacket.
Thanks for the reply. I may have misread the description; it said level 1 in the elbows and shoulders and some of the other forums I have been reading suggest upgrading to level 2 armor. Is D30 armor level 1 = CE 2?

I've had one for about 3 years now and love it. I've put about 15k - 20k miles on it. There's a 4" section on a back panel where the stitching is unraveling, however the seam itself has not come undone. Vents well, comfortable, light & adequate armor for a mesh jacket. Highly recommend.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Several of the guys I ride with have Klim two piece suits. They love them - and would never consider a 'Stitch. I was bewildered by the different names of the suits, and found comparatively few in decent condition on eBay (compared to Aerostich) - otherwise I would probably be riding in Klim instead of 'Stitch.

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
I've a couple of Klim jackets and pants including Induction, they are all top of the line and no doubt I will buy more, love my Induction jacket when the temps soar, its also lighter in weight and freer moving than the Gortex jackets making it a more wearable, I particularly like the way its keeps me cool whilst preparing to ride, no more trying to staying in the shade till the last possible minute.

I like my induction jacket, I use it all through the summer. It's fine even in 90-100* temps (doesn't get much hotter than that in Michigan) and unless I'm just baking in a traffic jam it keeps me cool no matter what. Even a little bit a movement gets the air flowing through the jacket.

OP
OP
Weaselinsuit
Bike
2014 ST1300
I've a couple of Klim jackets and pants including Induction, they are all top of the line and no doubt I will buy more, love my Induction jacket when the temps soar, its also lighter in weight and freer moving than the Gortex jackets making it a more wearable, I particularly like the way its keeps me cool whilst preparing to ride, no more trying to staying in the shade till the last possible minute.
That's great to hear, particularly from a fellow Calgarian. Nice to know it works so well in our climate.

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
That's great to hear, particularly from a fellow Calgarian. Nice to know it works so well in our climate.
You're welcome and fortunately our STs have plenty of room to also pack a windproof jacket, essential for day trips in our part of the world. Jan and I both got caught out coming back from rocky mountain house this summer in 5C and rain along the Icefields parkway, if only we'd remembered to pack our waterproof jackets, once back in Calgary it was still a sunny 25C

OP
OP
Weaselinsuit
Bike
2014 ST1300
You're welcome and fortunately our STs have plenty of room to also pack a windproof jacket, essential for day trips in our part of the world. Jan and I both got caught out coming back from rocky mountain house this summer in 5C and rain along the Icefields parkway, if only we'd remembered to pack our waterproof jackets, once back in Calgary it was still a sunny 25C
I was hoping to ride the Icefield Parkway this past summer but ran out of time. Next year. I hear it's pretty phenomenal. I did Hwy 40 down to Longview a bunch. Any other ride recommendations would be welcome.

sky.high

Site Supporter
Bike
The Honda of the day
STOC #
I was hoping to ride the Icefield Parkway this past summer but ran out of time. Next year. I hear it's pretty phenomenal. I did Hwy 40 down to Longview a bunch. Any other ride recommendations would be welcome.
Cannot say we're spoilt in choice for great riding roads IMO but we do have awesome scenery, our go to routes in no particular order are:
Rocky Mountain House / Saskatchewan Crossing / Lake Louise loop
Longview / Highwood Pass loop
Waterton and back
Last Chance Saloon and back
Invermere / Fairmount and back or loop around Fernie
Canmore for supper when the restaurants are open, sadly we did manage that one even once this year when we typically would go almost every week in the summer

... but if we're talking off road routes then the choice is much greater and tons more fun :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom