Kudos to Dowco covers

I have had the ST parked in the driveway since I bought my home 5 years ago. It had been in a storage room before that, and sadly I let it sit too long, and the gas did its damage. By next year I should have a place to address this.

It only has about 20K miles and looks new still. I had a Dowco cover on it, but in the last few months, the seam along the top just came apart, the the cover started splitting until half the bike is exposed now. I called them this morning, not remembering what the warranty was. Turns out I have the WeatherAll Plus, and it has a lifetime warranty, and they said just send a small section of the cover where it failed, and the model number and they will send me a new one. And if that one ever fails, they will do it again. I only have to pay $10 for the shipping.

This seems pretty impressive to me. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Jim

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Very nice indeed. I've regarded outdoor use covers as consumables that have to be replaced at intervals. Kudos indeed to Dowco for taking that on themselves.

fnmag

R.I.P. - 2020
Rest In Peace
Bike
'06 ST1300/Burgmn400
I have had the ST parked in the driveway since I bought my home 5 years ago. It had been in a storage room before that, and sadly I let it sit too long, and the gas did its damage. By next year I should have a place to address this.

It only has about 20K miles and looks new still. I had a Dowco cover on it, but in the last few months, the seam along the top just came apart, the the cover started splitting until half the bike is exposed now. I called them this morning, not remembering what the warranty was. Turns out I have the WeatherAll Plus, and it has a lifetime warranty, and they said just send a small section of the cover where it failed, and the model number and they will send me a new one. And if that one ever fails, they will do it again. I only have to pay $10 for the shipping.

Jim
Well done Dowco. I've had and have Dowco covers and they are robust.

Jim
I think I’m on my third one , it might to be replaced again , honestly I feel embarrassed, getting a new great cover again for $10 bucks , great company !

Top Bottom