Leaking Front Cover Gasket

When checking the valves recently I notices an oil leak comong from the the front cover gasket, left side where the cover meets the water pump cover. Any one else ever have that kind of a leak? I am inclined to take it to the dealer and have it replaced under warranty. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks

You probably have leaky hose clamps in the vee at the top of the engine. Search on "hose clamps" and you'll find more information than you probably need. :radleak:

--Mark

Loose hose clamps wouldn't cause an oil leak I don't think. If the bike is under warranty, by all means I'd take it to the dealer. Are you sure it's the front cover and not the cylinder head cover? Any photos?

Leaky Oil after Valve Check

64,000 mile valve check on an 06 ST1300. New Gaskets and sealant. Leak on left side looking at it from the front. Rechecked gasket, new sealed and it seated fine, checking to see cables and sheathing weren't obstructing. A clean seal as far as I can tell. Now when I did this a year ago, I had to take it to a dealer to diagnosis and reset gasket which I have already done this time. I remember the dealer saying that the oil leaks into a lot of cavities and it takes more than the reset gasket seal and installation, that in fact it takes time for all the oil that leaked originally to seep it's way out of the bike. Wondering if anyone else has had the the same experience and in fact I have to wait for the remaining oil to seep out of the bike? Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for any help, advice etc.

Back
Top Bottom