Leather key cover...

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
When buying my firST ST back in '92 I received a very practical Honda branded, leather, flip-out key-cover...

The only equivalent I'm able to find over here, is that Mercedes thing

0923.jpg

Anyone got a source for similar items?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
ST1100Y said:
a very practical Honda branded, leather, flip-out key-cover...
I'd like something like that for both the regular key and a spare. For now I have the bike key alone attached to a leather fob. But stowing it an a key cover would be far more practical.

Ok a very quick and cursory search shows that a lot of people make these for multiple keys and are very proud of their work. I'm still searching but one possible solution for me is this loop set from Amazon. It would just be for one key and it's a flip-out style. A key 'wallet' isn't for me. Something wider with less prominent metal hardware would be preferred. Still on the hunt. Thanks for the idea!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ST1100Y

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Ok a very quick and cursory search shows that a lot of people make these for multiple keys and are very proud of their work.
For multiple keys a Bellroy or Pack & Smooch seem feasible:

I'm however looking for a pouch holding one key...
I just love the one I'd gotten there, slim, doesn't obstruct usage of key on the bike, won't poke holes in your pockets when folded in...

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm however looking for a pouch holding one key...
As am I.

Me said:
I'd like something like that for both the regular key and a spare. For now I have the bike key alone attached to a leather fob. But stowing it an a key cover would be far more practical.
I suppose it may not have been clear in the above that I wanted one for each key - but there is very limited value in storing your spare key with the original.

That's why the loop set I linked to is one possible solution for me. It can be configured to hold one key and there are two loops. No flip-out is a deal breaker.

No wallet or pouch for me. The loops are a little narrow for the likes of an Ilco or wide key but they could be modified. As I said the search continues.

Maybe kiltman can STart a little business??

Bike
2010 ST1300
@kiltman, here is a business opportunity. If you sell enough, you could even buy a die to emboss the Honda winged logo (and probably have to defend yourself in court for copyright infringement.)

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
When buying my firST ST back in '92 I received a very practical Honda branded, leather, flip-out key-cover...

The only equivalent I'm able to find over here, is that Mercedes thing

0923.jpg

Anyone got a source for similar items?
When I was a kid in Germany in the '60s my father had that type of key cover that the dealer gave as a promotional item. I imagine with all of today’s smart keys the market for those things would be small. Maybe eBay there are collectors for all kinds of items.

OP
OP
ST1100Y

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Well, it was a promotional item by my Honda dealer, IIRC it had a Honda Wing on one side, and the dealers name & address embossed at the other...

However, after 28 years its pretty weathered and worn down ;)

IMG_20201018_180155.jpg IMG_20201018_180210.jpg IMG_20201018_180226.jpg

Top Bottom