Leg cramps solution???

Picked up some potassium supplement tablets at a Walgreens along the way, and one of them a day seems to have cleared up the problem, joy for sure....

The very best way to get a nanner when you need one (that's not too green) is to get a nanner-split at the nearest icecream shop... usually a Dairy Queen.... That's why you see so many motorcycles in the DQ parking lot... We're trying to prevent leg cramps... That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!
:cool:

To stop cramps when I get then after being out on the range all day in the heat I but vinegar in a pan and dip my feet in it, stop them dead within a few seconds. :D

I've had crippling (literally) leg cramps for years - until recently. I used to take potassium or magnesium/potassium combo along with vitamin E and get almost immediate relief, but they'd come back the next night or within a few. I've started deep muscle massage on both legs and feet using olive oil morning and night when I can, and havn't had any cramps or end of day swelling which has also been a problem. I think the problem (atleast for me) is sometimes dehydration but sometimes it's just poor circulation, the massage works for the circulation and I think it also breaks up lactic acid build up that causes cramps. I also stay away from boots except when riding. Hope that helps, it's working for me

Dr Dean Edell advised to drink a glass of milk if you get cramps at night. He said the calcium-magnesium balance in milk is ideal, also that dehydration can be a factor. I used to get inside-the-thigh cramps while sound asleep, and it would make me howl and spring out of bed in an almost-instant transition from horizontal to vertical. No amount of walking, stretching, massaging, or moaning would make them stop, until several minutes later, they would let up. I heard the Dr's advice years after not suffering them any more (stopped carrying mail). I drink a 1/2 glass of milk before bed to avoid that particular nightmare now.

So far the Potassium/Leg cramp pills keep it at bay. Thanks for the massage and milk ideas, I'll mix those in. Now if I could just find a campergirrrrlll to administer that Olive Oil... !!!

Here's a vote for dehydration. I have to drink constantly to keep up fluids in my body. I've had leg cramps give me pains to the point where I couldn't walk. Its an easy one to check out. Just start with more water, fluids etc. If that fails you might head over to a doctor. Could be vericose veins, or blocked veins.

Am I the only person who is picturing a STOC event at some campsite with everyone around the campfire...... like the cowboys in Blazing Saddles???????

;)

:cf1:

:toot1:

Top Bottom